Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Winter Sunset

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Winter Sunset

The light was just so incredibly bright I had trouble believing it. And yes, I was perfectly sober on not on ant mind altering substances at the time! So I thought I would share. Duh... not the booze and pills, the picture! Oh dear..... I think maybe I could be in a bit of trouble with this comment. Might need a bit of snappy foot work to dance my way out of this one, me thinks!
    Thanks for viewing and for any comments posted.
    old ucci

Winter Sunset
    Tallarook Ranges, very late afternoon/early evening from our back room.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Winter Sunset

Quote Originally Posted by ucci View Post
    So I thought I would share. Duh... not the booze and pills, the picture! Oh dear..... I think maybe I could be in a bit of trouble with this comment.
    No, not at all. My address is ...............

Everything works in this for me ... except the sky. It just feels a bit leaden/heavy for the scene that's below it. Now, this is how it may have looked. But I'm not sure that makes the best picture.

I wonder what would happen if you were to just gently brush over the sky with a light brush in 'dodge' mode and just brighten it up a bit (10% - 20% opacity on the brush)? Or alternatively add in masked layer and use a curve to lighten the sky?
    Last edited by Donald; 8th March 2012 at 09:18 PM.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Mr D I am in awe of your technical brilliance. You see, I thought I was being ever so clever in that the original sky was somewhat lighter. So smarty pants just had to go and darken it with a black to transparent gradient, with around 25 percent opacity, didn't he? And you picked this up straight away: even as far away as Scotland. God you are good! Is it something in the whiskey they add to the drinking water over there, purely for medicinal purposes of course! And what sort of a dill am I... hang on that was really a rhetorical question... really didn't need an answer...cheez....
    Ken

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Water? Doesn't everyone brush their teeth with whisky?

It may be that you would want to try that gradient at 10% or 15%. Bit of a suck-it-and-see.