Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Roses

Real Name
    Andrew

Roses

I took a couple shots like this at a wedding a while back, but never liked them - so I thought I'd mess around with some editing. Think it has potential?
    Roses

Thanks for looking!

Re: Roses

Andrew
    I like the "vintage effect"
    but the 2 glass in the background are too distracting to me. how about to clone them out?
    cheers
    nicola

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Hello Jay,
    yes I think they have potential.
    I find the champagne glass in the background too bright and so it distracts me from the flowers, especially as it touches the main subject. The out of focus is really good, so major kudos for that, just tweak the composition a bit to make it work better.
    The right hand rose is also touching the edge of the frame so it tends to lead the eye out of the picture, a little more background there and the composition would work much better.

The colours also tend to not to bring focus ot the flowers, perhaps leave the rest of the picture BW but bring backa little colour to the flowers. Colour makes a huge impact in terms of drawing the eye.
    Basically: -
    Camera - the techy bits are well done
    Composition - needs a little tweaking, but certainly in the right direction (I've seen much worse)
    Content - flowers, vase, wineglass - all good content pointing to a celebration of some sort (in this case a wedding)
    Creativity - needs colour (or something) to draw the eye to the subject (roses).

It was recently suggested that the 4C's are a good way to critique an image. Breaks it down in a more constructive manner.
    Hope that helps.
    I look forward to seeing more, definitely potential.
    Graham

Real Name
    Andrew

Good advice gents, let me see what I can do.... Thanks!

Real Name
    Andrew

Still not a huge fan of selective colourisation, but I messed around with this a little....
    Roses