Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Under The Boardwalk

Real Name
    colin

Under The Boardwalk

Under The Boardwalk

Hi Guy's, another beach scene. I think it is o.k. but I would like your opinion and advice.
    I found the angles a bit difficult are there any tricks to this.
    Cheers Colin.

Real Name
    Marty Johnston

Re: Under The Boardwalk

Hi Colin,
    You have found and seen a good subject here to play with. You could have fun with this.

The main thing that strikes me immediately with this is that the horizon is off quite badly. You need to rotate the image about 5º clockwise. Of course that will force a slight crop too. (Perhaps though, this is already cropped and the 'extra bits' off to the sides are still in your original? If so then you can use them!)

I'd also be temped to play around with curves and saturations to see if you can get a bit more punch into it. It might work... it might not but worth experimenting.

The hard part of it all has already been done though... you saw it and you captured it. Without that, you have nothing at all!

Good luck.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Under The Boardwalk

Quote Originally Posted by GEORDIE View Post
    I found the angles a bit difficult are there any tricks to this.
    I think Marty's really covered the main points.

How easy is it for you to re-visit this location? You could really go to town and experiment with all sorts of angles. The conventional approach to this would be to go for symmetry: Get everything balanced. But the alternative is to start letting your imagination take over and go for all sorts of angles and perspectives.