Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Mr. Star Rides Again

Real Name
    Terry

Mr. Star Rides Again

I have to laugh when I look at these!

Mr. Rock Star paid me another visit. What self-respecting Mother names her child Rock Star for crying out loud? Anyway, he comes by from time to time and wants me to buy him lunch! Today was one of those times.

He agreed to hang with me for a little while and let me shoot some photos. So I tried to emulate some stage lighting with a front spot for him.

Two jelled backlights and a 30* gridded in front and below.

Since he may be hanging out for a while (read: longer than anyone wants!), I may try a re-shoot.

I’m open for ideas! The sooner I get this done the quicker this loser goes away!

Mr. Star Rides Again

Mr. Star Rides Again

Mr. Star Rides Again

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Mr. Star Rides Again

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Canon View Post
    The sooner I get this done the quicker this loser goes away!
    Maybe. But I think you're missing the point that he obviously is a dedicated artist, with great passion for his music who has clearly given his life over to the development of great and meaningful musical messages to his, undoubtedly huge, fan base.

And all you can do is take a few snapshots of him!

ps - Wonderful images.

Yes, it works well.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Terry,

I like them, although I think I would clone out the green flare blobs on the top edge of frame on all.

In #3, I like the third star burst on the guitar, but the one top left seems sharper than in other shots and that distracts me - was it PP blurred in the other shots? (and not done to this one for some reason?)

Great series,

Real Name
    Mavourneen

nice shots

Real Name
    Terry

Hi Donald!

Maybe. But I think you're missing the point that he obviously is a dedicated artist, with great passion for his music who has clearly given his life over to the development of great and meaningful musical messages to his, undoubtedly huge, fan base.
    I guess you are right! I just don't get this freeloading bum! At least he'll do what I want him to in the studio!

I like them, although I think I would clone out the green flare blobs on the top edge of frame on all.

In #3, I like the third star burst on the guitar, but the one top left seems sharper than in other shots and that distracts me - was it PP blurred in the other shots? (and not done to this one for some reason?)
    Hi Dave!

You know, I'm not sure why that burst is different unless it was maybe due to the placement of the hat in the shot possibly partially obscuring the burst causing it to flare slightly less. I know it wasn't done in post. Now that you mention it, those green blobs aren't really doing much by being there.

Thank you all for viewing and commenting. I know Mr. Star appreciates it. Doubt we'll see these on the cover of Rolling Stone!

Real Name
    Mal

Now that's an amusing story. Great photos too

Real Name
    Steve

Nice job. Rock and roll!!

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Canon View Post
    Hi Donald!

I guess you are right! I just don't get this freeloading bum! At least he'll do what I want him to in the studio!

Thank you all for viewing and commenting. I know Mr. Star appreciates it. Doubt we'll see these on the cover of Rolling Stone!
    If you can sell a few of these you can write the lunch off as services paid. Get a model release from him and make him do some poses you want.