Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Windows 7 and IE9

Real Name
    Steve

Windows 7 and IE9

I have yet more problems; I cannot install Topaz because Windows 7 tells me access is denied, I need admin confirmation.

But I am admin, it says so on a thumbnail.

It did install the printer but I did that before I put security on,

How do I confirm I am admin, since it doesn't seem to give any options ?
    and I cannot find the favourites in IE9.

Windows 7 and IE9

Real Name
    Alex

Re: Windows 7 and IE9

Hi Steve,

You should be able to click 'Continue' and then Windows will just go ahead since it knows you are an administrator. If you are not logged on as an administrator then you will get a dialogue window that asks you for the password for an administrator account (selected from a list).

The pop-up is a security feature of Windows to notify you when an a program wants to perform work within the protected areas of the operating system. It prevents background programs from doing anything nasty. In most cases the pop-up will only show when you are doing something to purposely install or modify the PC. If it pops-up when you are not expecting it to then it may be that some software is running that you did not know about and you should click 'Cancel' and try and track down the offending software.

If you ever need to run a program as an administrator then you can right-click on the program start icon and select 'Run as administrator'. This is sometimes necessary for certain programs. For example my back-up software cannot overwrite files to my external hard drive without admin rights.

Alex

Real Name
    Steve

Cheers Alex; I put a password on it just in case but still didn't work. It looks like the file is moved but it just doesn't work. Maybe Topaz doesn't work in PSE10/64.

Real Name
    Alex

Hi Steve,

If I understand you correctly you have installed this plugin by copying a folder into the Photoshop folder. There was no installer package.

Looking at your screen capture you copied into C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 10\Plug-ins

This would be the location for 32-bit plugins. Do you have a 64-bit plugin and do you have a 64-bit version of Photoshop Elements? If so then you should copy the plugin to:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 10\Plug-ins

The x86 folder is specifically for 32-bit programs.

I do not know where you get Topaz from but you should check to see if they have recommended installation procedures for your setup.

Alex

Real Name
    Steve

It is fantastic in here; cheers Alex. I was following Topaz instructions and apparently they don't know elements editor is 32 bit, and video editing is 64 bit. Soon as I chose the 32 bit plugin it worked.

The Topaz installers don't work.

Real Name
    Steve

It is all done now, so maybe I can get on with some proper stuff.

Windows 7 and IE9

Real Name
    Alex

Is that a fractal design R3 case Steve? I use one and have been very pleased with how quiet it runs with the standard cooling fans.

Hope you get on well with your new workstation. Looks like a nice setup.

Alex

Real Name
    Steve

Yes, it is; with a few extras. Nice but I don't like the rubber things or the space behind the board. Pretty good compared with others though.