Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Bobo again.

Real Name
    Bobo

Bobo again.

One more of Bobo. The sun was not as cooperative as it was yesterday so had to rely on bounced diffused flash.

I am sure there has to be some way to regain the kind of golden glow similar to the original posts but how?
    The real McCoy

Bobo again.

Real Name
    Wendy

Re: Bobo again.

Hi Bobo, I meant to comment on the Real McCoy shots but will take the time now to tell you I love them. They are so unique, the second one is almost abstract but very cool.

I see what you mean about the lighting and I'm wondering if you upped the white balance just slightly to bring out the warm tones and then on the tone curve (I'm talking Lightroom here) increase lights and decrease shadows and darks which would darken the background and the shadow areas of the feathers (but might darken the beak too much , but perhaps this can be done selectively in another program. Tweaking the orange and yellow luninance/saturation sliders might also help to bring out that light you are looking for.

Basically I guess what I'm suggesting is to darken everything except the yellow and orange to give the effect of the golden glow in the originals. However, I only suggest this because you asked, I like this shot as is, but that golden glow in the first batch really makes them stand out.

Love them all, Bobo looks like quite a character.

Wendy

Real Name
    Bobo

Thanks Wendy. I will play the the suggestions in PS.

She looked amazing in that light and somehow I am now fixated on getting a least a couple more shots in similar conditions!

As for actually replicating the lighting, maybe just asking for too much. Probably be best to just wait for a day when the sunlight/evening looks about the same as it did the other day.

Yes, she is quite a character and tons of fun when she is not being naughty. When she wants attention she wants it yesterday! When she does'nt she will shoo us off. Not to mention the things she wants at specific times every day - ie huge body massages, playtime on the bed, cardboard box and wood demolition etc etc. She is our resident re-cycler hehe.

Real Name
    Paul

Cracking shot well caught you can pick out each and every strand within the feathers, although as Wendy says if you did a little adjusting in PS to bring out the colours and countours of the feathers. The background is out of focus perfectly and the way the parrot is poking it's head around the door, or whatever it is that is on the right hand side. Looking as though it is saying "oh-oh.. caught red handed..."

I love it. Keep it up.

Real Name
    Bobo

Thanks.

She has many play areas and that is the empty top shelf of a deepish cupboard that she took possession of as soon as it was brought it. So have left it and the adjacent section doorless so she can do whatever she wants in there. Normally we put pieces of wood or empty cardboard boxes in there which she loves to demolish into bits. Helps keep her occupied and also good for keeping the beak in trim.

She will call when she is done or when she need to go to the loo. If we ignore her she dumps everything onto the carpet and/or jumps down and walks into the living room as if nothing had happened.