Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project 52 by Paul, Salemslot

Real Name
    Paul

Project 52 by Paul, Salemslot

I will be using the Project 52 to improve my photography in practically as many fields as possible in photography.

My first image is this one

heart-swing..jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 13th February 2012 at 06:46 PM. Reason: added image inline

Real Name
    Mal

Re: Project 52 by Paul, Salemslot

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Project 52. You've set yourself some very ambitious goals there.

Very interesting subject you've managed to find there - I think it stands out well from the background. Two primary comments from me though. Firstly, I think it needs a little bit of an anti-clockwise rotation. It seems to be tilted a bit to the right. Secondly, the painting itself appears to be a little out of focus. I'm on my tablet so I can't see what settings you had your camera on when you took the shot so it might help if you were able to share those.

Real Name
    Paul

Hi Mal,
    Thankyou for the welcome to Project 52. Yes i have set myself some very ambittious goals but in my defence i am a newcomer to photography and also i prefer to shoot almost anything, and not become a "stick to one field" photographer. Not that there is anything wrong with that, anyhow back to my image. Firstly this was taken on Saturday with a new 70-300 Tamron lens so i was trying it out. so yes it is a little out of focus and slightly off kelter due to this reason and also it was a match day in Manchester Centre, so it was a little busy.
    Secondly i have no idea how to put up what settings i had on my camera when i took the shot. Any help in getting better shots in these kind of situations and how to put up the settings i had when i took the shot.

Paul.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by salemslot View Post
    Secondly i have no idea how to put up what settings i had on my camera when i took the shot. Any help in getting better shots in these kind of situations and how to put up the settings i had when i took the shot.
    Hi Paul,

What software do you use for Post Processing (PP)?

If we know that, we can guide you where to find it, so you can add it manually to your post.

Alternatively, if you use the TinyPic method of hosting images for display here, instead of attachments, we may be able to decode it from the image.

That said, it is better if you add it manually (I always do), because it is so helpful to beginners who don't know what EXIF data is.

Cheers,

Real Name
    Paul

I use PS5 in PP and i use the Tinypic method of hosting my images i will try to put the settings on maunually, by the way how do you find EXIF data on a picture?

<< One of them there beginners here

Paul.

Welcome Paul, Unusual Poster with some great colour, as previously said, perhaps a little soft on the focus, can you remember if it was at full zoom, I do find the background a little distracting, would it be worth a slight rotate and a crop to make the poster fill the frame

Real Name
    Mal

I use PS5 in PP and i use the Tinypic method of hosting my images i will try to put the settings on maunually, by the way how do you find EXIF data on a picture?

<< One of them there beginners here

Paul.
    You should have something in PS5 that allows you to see the EXIF data or photo properties. I'm a Lightroom user so I'm not sure how you'd do that but I'm sure others can.

Real Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Goldcoastgolfer View Post
    You should have something in PS5 that allows you to see the EXIF data or photo properties. I'm a Lightroom user so I'm not sure how you'd do that but I'm sure others can.
    Please if anyone knows how to do this please help...

Real Name

Please if anyone knows how to do this please help...
    Hi Paul,

If you mean Photoshop CS5, try this to see the shooting info;

With a file open, from menu;
    File > File Info (or use keyboard shortcut Alt+Shift+Ctrl+I )
    Then select the "Camera Data" tab

Cheers,

Or if you are viewing in Bridge, right click then select File Info gets you to the same place.

ps. Are some of these Adobe shortcuts designed for piano players? Holding 4 keys then clicking beats me!

Real Name
    Paul

This was taken late last night of our cat after we woke him up going to bed.... with a little PP in photoshop this morning for my Project 52....

Hi Paul, I think you may have to take in better light, there is considerable loss of detail on the body and the shadow at the back is quite strong, doesn't look very happy at been woken up

Real Name
    Paul

Thank-you Wendy, Yes there is a considerable loss of detail on the body and the shadow is strong behind, because it was taken late at night and, i have to admit it was taken on the Family Nikon Coolpix. So it is in J-peg and there was not a lot i could do with it tbh...

Real Name
    Mal

It's getting hard to keep up with the Project 52 threads Your cat definitely doesn't look too happy - but then again , what cat ever does when they're bothered?

Are you happy with the composition of your photo?

Real Name
    Paul

It could have been better compossed then niether his left ear or his left paw which looked like it was about to spring some thin white things from the tip by the look on his face!!!

Real Name
    Mal

That was my thought as well Mind you if I had a flash go off in my face and had access to thin white things I might spring them out too

Real Name

Hi Paul,

I think you were possibly too close, or the camera didn't get a chance to auto focus - the door in the background is sharp though.

Real Name
    Paul

This weeks shot taken while in Manchester last Sunday i took this while on a course on night photography using my camera mounted on my tripod, whilst i was crawling on the floor to try and get a "street level" image of Manchester Town Hall from the side

Real Name
    Mal

It's a very interesting perspective with some great lines converging in the distance. There's a bit of flare on the right and it could probably do with some distortion correction as the buildings in the distance on the right have a rather unnatural lean.

What post processing did you do?

Real Name
    Paul

Errrmm the processing i did in this Mal was just to bring out the clouds in the sky as when i opened it up in PS it was just as black as soot, so i did a little alttering in curves, hue and saturation as well as bringing out the lights in "fill lights" and recovery. This was taken on the first time i have used "fully manual" mode for a whole shoot so it was a very steep learning curve i set myself on this night. And as for the distorted buildings on the right i wanted that in the shot, that is why i used a wide angle lens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast