Thread: ALPA Si 2000

Real Name
    John

ALPA Si 2000

Anyone familiar with this model camera? A friend is planning to go digital and gave me her old film camera to see if there was anything I could do with it. Supposedly the only thing wrong is the exposure meter. I found an old manual online so I could get it functioning after I find the correct battery. Mostly wondering about the lenses, they are Albinar B bayonet screw lenses (135mm f/2.8, 28mm f/2.8) and if they could be adapted to fit a DSLR.

Thanks

ALPA Si 2000

Real Name
    Chris

Re: ALPA Si 2000

Not particularly familiar with that brand, but a bit confused with your description of the lens mount. Is it a screw type or a bayonet type? How about a photo showing the mount and if screw mount, a side view showing the thread count. A rear diameter would also help. I have lenses of all types which have been donated over time to me, and frankly, for the cost of shipping, you could have any that would fit.

Real Name
    Neil

Alpa Si 2000 uses M42 screw mount. This was made by Chinon in Japan and not really regarded as a real Alpa, which were originally made in Switzerland.
    Not sure about the lenses though its a pity you dont have the standard lens which should be a Kern Macro Switar 50 mm lens of either F1.8 or F1.9. This is generally thought to be a superb standard lens

More details http://www.alpareflex.com/Cameras/Si2000.htm

Real Name
    John

Here's the photograph of the lens which thru my searches has been described as (a) bayonet (b) Pentax/Praktica (c) screw mount.

ALPA Si 2000

Real Name
    John

Also, how about stacking the lenses for macro?

For twenty-five years--until the digital revolution--this was my main camera. It is solidly constructed with an excellent prime lens (55 mm f 1.4). If you like shooting film, it will do good work for you--although a defunct meter is a serious defect.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by HerbertHedstrom View Post
    For twenty-five years--until the digital revolution--this was my main camera. It is solidly constructed with an excellent prime lens (55 mm f 1.4). If you like shooting film, it will do good work for you--although a defunct meter is a serious defect.
    The exposure meter works reasonbly well, it was the exposure counter that doesn't work. I can get around that just by feel, although if I wanted to do double exposures it would be a hit or miss effort. I've used it on a few occasions, just shot my second roll, haven't developed it yet.