Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: More winter browns

Real Name
    Bobo

More winter browns

Seems like appropriate treatment for the dark pine forest. We were there for the owls of course but...

The woodpecker just turned up so got treated the same - equality for all and all that!!!!

Constructive comments to help me improve always appreciated.

More winter browns

More winter browns

More winter browns

More winter browns

More winter browns

Real Name
    Kevin

Re: More winter browns

Bobo,

I think I prefer the 2nd image: lack of overlying branches gives some breathing space, taking the focus from near to far leads us up the off-centered path, the numinous light at the end lets the imagination run, and the lighter vignetting shapes our focus without being oppressive. Yes, I prefer to walk through portal number 2

Kevin

Real Name
    Kathy

I also like photo #2 . . . very inviting, makes me want to take a walk down that path! I like the lighting, shows off the colors!

Kathy

Real Name
    Wendy

I love the woodpecker shot. The colour seems a bit off though? The whites on the bird look the same tone as that beautiful background.

I like the light in the second shot but prefer the composition of the 3rd. Does anyone else see the ghostly face at the end of the path in the second shot?

The first and third shot seem a bit too dark around the sides to me

Wendy

Real Name
    Bobo

Thanks Wendy, I was trying to replicate the mood of the forest as a set. The bird unfortunately got the same treatment.

Probably failed but something to be learned from that - dont do it again! hehe

Real Name
    Paul

Bobo, you mentioned before that you were not pleased with your landscape images and decided to try a bit smaller view. I think you are getting some great results. Keep with it. I think it takes a whole new way of looking to find these and will I believe help you in your fullsize landscapes later. As for these....I like both ! and two for the comp. Aside from the comp the treatment in #1 leads me into the image nicely. #2 works better for me than #3 due to the glow at the end of the pathway rather than being able to see what is there. Mystery and intrigue lets the mind wander. I dont think the treatment in #5 works for me.

Real Name
    Bobo

Thanks Paul, I draw encouragement from your words.

Looks like a redo for 5 is in order. Seems like no one likes to see birds mutilated like this.