Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Alternative for The Zeiss 24mm 1.8 e mount lens

Real Name
    KrishnaChaitanya

Alternative for The Zeiss 24mm 1.8 e mount lens

I have read the reviews and everyone has said that it's the best prime lens for nex camera's .But it's way too expensive. So can anyone suggest me an alternative prime lens?

Re: Alternative for The Zeiss 24mm 1.8 e mount lens

How about the 50mm f/1.8 or the 16mm f/2.8? Both run about $250. You didnt mention which other lenses you have or the types of photos you intend to take. There is also a 30mm f/3.5 for the same price - sort of splits the middle between the 50mm and 16mm. Try here for a review of the 16mm and the CZ 24mm. http://kurtmunger.com/index.html

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Interestingly, I wonder what the future holds for Sony cameras? The company as a whole has been turning in some massive MASSIVE losses the past few years, and they've openly stated that unprofitable lines will be unceremoniously dropped.

Without a crystal ball, its hard to say what might happen. However, Sony has done well with their camera, now being the #2 manufacturer of cameras and still gaining market share. The tsunami in Japan and floods in Thailand have destroyed or damaged factories of several camera makers. Of course, there is the meltdown of the Olympus management. It will be interesting to see who will be standing when the dust settles.