Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Lions

Real Name
    Clive

Lions

Note that the male has a radio collar and according to the resident game scouts he is being tracked to monitor his movements so that he can be prevented from being lured outside the game reserve by poachers/hunters laying baited traps. Apparently he is the only male left in the area which is a concern to the well being and future of this pride of lions. We were able to approach the pride and sat with them for about fifteen minutes before we moved away.

Lions
    C&C most welcome

Real Name
    Mark

Re: Lions

I think there should be a rule that poachers get shot on the spot if caught. I'm sick and tired of reading about more and more rhinos being shot. I grew up in Africa and unfortunately it seems to be the only law they understand.

Real Name
    Bobo

Quote Originally Posted by Markvetnz View Post
    I think there should be a rule that poachers get shot on the spot if caught. I'm sick and tired of reading about more and more rhinos being shot. I grew up in Africa and unfortunately it seems to be the only law they understand.
    +1

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Markvetnz View Post
    Unfortunately, it doesn't stop at the poacher, it needs to stop at the end user who wants rhino horn powder or tigers teeth for whatever potion they think will improve their lives.

Real Name
    Clive

Agreed gentlemen. Poaching, trophy hunting etc should be banned as there is no place for it in this day and age.