Thread: Another beachscene

Real Name
    colin

Another beachscene

Love some comments with regards to this image.
    Cheers GEORDIE real name ColinAnother beachscene

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Another beachscene

Well done on getting your images posted, Colin (or do you prefer to be addressed as Geordie?).

What are your own views about the image? What do you think are its strengths and areas for improvement (if any)?

I think it's got a good range of tones and the breakwater provides a giid line that take sus back through the image. That outcrop of rock provides good foreground interest.

But, I wondered what that bit of roadway/walkway at bottom right hand corner is contributing, or whether it's just there by accident? I wonder if it needed a bit more work to get the shooting angle just right so that you took out that feature?

I think it's maybe one of those examples when we're working so hard on the main elements of the scene when we're setting it all up in the viewfinder, that we forget to look all round the edges of the frame to check out what is there.

Real Name
    Mal

I have similar thoughts to Donald. Some nice lines in the photo but I think it would look better with the bottom of the photo cropped off so the road and walkways werent visible.

Real Name
    Philip

Landscapes that include the sea and the natural coastline are enjoyable to view, partly for the (usually) good memories that they evoke.

Following on from Donald's comments about this image, also consider the top left - the sea horizon is not quite level. The next few comments are just my opinions. This image might be improved by either having no sky/horizon, or preferably if the line of view could be lifted slightly to include the sky and the tops of the cliffs (which would also remove the road at the bottom right). Shadows in the image are evidence that the sun was high in the sky, so I would prefer some very subtle changes to the lighting and saturation to give the image a warmer feeling, and also to lift slightly the colour of the rocky cliffs.

Philip

My first thoughts were much the same to what has already been mentioned. I would crop away the right side and bottom to remove the road. Otherwise, I like it.

Real Name
    colin

Thank's for your interest. My thoughts of the image,I felt the top of the picture was a bit dark and I certainly take your point about the walkway and what caused it i.e. viewfinder awareness.
    I don't mind either Colin or GEORDIE. I am originally from Newcastle England hence the nickname.
    Colin

Real Name
    colin

Thank you for your interest. Need all the help I can get.
    Cheers GEORDIE