Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: What to do?

Real Name
    Tobias Weber

What to do?

Hello all!

So after I took my camera on holiday I decided it needed to go in for a thorough check up and cleaning. Now my question is, what do I do to keep motivated and entertained while I don't have a Camera? Its been a week and I feel very lost without my Camera, any ideas are welcome!

Real Name
    John

Re: What to do?

You can always work on post processing skills. Learning to effectively use the tools in programs like Photoshop and Lightroom always takes time.

Real Name
    Trev

Sit in a dark room and don't leave until you get your camera back

realistically though, why not go out and enjoy the wildlife/scenery without the pressure of trying to capture anything, just enjoy things as they are and you may also gain inspiration for when you get your camera back

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Scout out some shooting locations. Make notes on the shooting position, time of day, weather conditions, and other factors that will make the image really stand out. When you get your camera back, check the weather and head for the designated sites previously noted that match your shooting criteria.

Real Name
    Russell

Hi, Look for a cheap second hand camera to use while yours is being cleaned or god forbid breaks down

Real Name
    Bobo

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Scout out some shooting locations. Make notes on the shooting position, time of day, weather conditions, and other factors that will make the image really stand out. When you get your camera back, check the weather and head for the designated sites previously noted that match your shooting criteria.
    Have been doing lots of that of late even though the camera is hanging by my side. The trips are ostensibly to get bird pics but conditions are such that might as well admire the scenery - and make mental notes for return trips in better conditions.

Real Name
    Mario

If you insist in doing photography related activities I suggest to study its theoretical or maybe artistic aspects. Optics are fascinating to me for instance, as is physics in general. Consult your local library or online ones like http://gen.lib.rus.ec/ (Mirror http://free-books.dontexist.com/).

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Actually, as I can't get out anywhere near as often as I would like, I play with learning post processing on older digital images I took up to eight years ago.