Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: East Lomond at 6:30am

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

East Lomond at 6:30am

Out and about early this morning.

Your comments welcomed

East Lomond at 6:30am

40D, 17-85 IS USM@81mm. 1/2 sec@f18. Manual. Spot Meter. Circ Pol & (2+4 =) 6 GND

Re: East Lomond at 6:30am

if only the view where I live was like that Very nice. I like the composition and find overall each element is balanced (proportionally speaking) . Only thing I do notice is the blacks look dark grey, to my eyes at least, and is a little lacking contrast for my taste at least (which isn't particularly experienced). For me personally a bit more contrast and tiny bit of saturation increase to make the greens in particular more vibrant (I'm treating it as sRGB btw as browser can't find embedded profile) and it would be spot on.

I think s shaped curve adjust should do it ie pulling highlights up gently and shadows down, this contrast increase alone might vibe up the greens without saturation increase possibly. Oh and a tiny bit of selective sharpening on the fence&wire too. Again I am not expert and it's more my personal opinion than advice.

It looks nice...a little haze though...i hate haze...I get alot of it in my beach pics here and SMOG in just about anything else....

I enjoying seeing these pics from other places around the world...

Very nice image taken under difficult lighting conditions. I particularly like the subtle lighting in the foreground (6 am!) I dont think you could get much better composition wise. The haze works for me in this image. It certainly makes me all nostalgic for those early mornings in Cumbria.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Davey, Kevin, Steve - thanks for your comments.

Took Davey's suggestion and put a bit more of a curve on a copy. It certainly did what it should and, I think, gave the whole thing a bit more 'pop'. However, for me it then lost that early morning misty (hazy) feel, which was what I saw.

This was taken just as the mist/cloud started descending again. 5 minutes after, you couldn't see the trees in the mid-ground, never mind the hill in the background. Another 5 minutes and it all lifted again and it was wall-to-wall sunshine.