Thread: Sandisk Rescue Pro

Real Name
    Mark

Sandisk Rescue Pro

I just purchased a Sandisk Extreme 32 GB CF card which comes with a free download of Rescue Pro. Is it worth installing or is it junk software?

Cheers.

Real Name
    Robin

Re: Sandisk Rescue Pro

Its brilliant - keep it in case of an emergency.

Real Name
    Trev

Yep agreed, can be a lifesaver if you ever get problems

It worked for me, just the once so far.

But there are a couple of limitations to consider. You must not have rewritten over the files which need rescuing and I found it wouldn't work when connected directly to a camera. I had to use a card reader; then no problems.

Real Name
    Bill S

That coupon is only for a 1 year subscription, and while it is hard to argue with free, I personally don't like the idea a year subscription to a piece of software you're only likely to use very rarely (hopefully).

i have used http://www.pandorarecovery.com/ in the past, and it is free-free, no ads, nothing annoying, works like a charm.

- Bill

Real Name
    Mike Goodwin

Hi, I've used the free Sandisk SW and for me it was a liftsaver. The only "problem" is when you ask it to recover your photos....it recovers every photo thats not been written over. So, let's say you've got an 8G CF card and you've at one time filled it, then, you format the card, use it again and are only interested in the shots you just took, maybe 2 gig worth of shots. Well, the SW recovers every shot on the card, so, you will get the 2 gig you need but then also all the others on the card. Is that bad? No, not really if those 2 gig are important enough to wait for the total recovery. I think it's a great SW program. When you need it and someday you just might, this type of SW program is well worth the price, free.