Thread: Picnik

Real Name
    Sharon

Picnik

My favourite, most intuitive and creative edititing suite has sold out to Google+ and is closing it's doors in April and returning subscriptions.

Am totally gutted and miserable.

Real Name
    Chris

Re: Picnik

It was only a matter of time since they were already built into Picasa. I never used the premium version (will now while it's free) but from the message sounds like the premium features may be moving into the Creative Kit? I tried that this AM and it's basically the same Piknik interface and basic tools. Perhaps they'll be offering up the whole shebang for free under Google Plus.

Real Name
    Sharon

Hi Fit.

I tried it on Google plus but can't see how you save the edited version to your computer.

Any clue would be appreciated.

Real Name
    Chris

I'll try to noodle it a bit... without a Picasa interface, using G+ would be like using Facebook for file storage and editing which is bleh. Glad I'll be getting Lightroom and PS soon enough.

Real Name
    Sharon

Can't get my head around photoshop Chris.

I have worked out how to save pics to Picassa via G+ but the edits on offer are just some basics from Picnik.

They claim it will be getting improved but since they effectively own Picnik now why not just load the whole Picnik functionality and they would have had a guaranteed user group.

Real Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Mae View Post
    Can't get my head around photoshop Chris.

I have worked out how to save pics to Picassa via G+ but the edits on offer are just some basics from Picnik.

They claim it will be getting improved but since they effectively own Picnik now why not just load the whole Picnik functionality and they would have had a guaranteed user group.
    I suppose it depends on whether they bought all the functionality or just parts of it.

Have you tried PIXLR? http://pixlr.com/

The editor is pretty robust for a free application.

Real Name
    Sharon

Thanks Chris , I will have a look.

There are some neat effects here too but I don't see anything replacing picnik for ease of use and creativity.

http://www.befunky.com/create/#/home

Real Name
    Sharon

Checked the link...thanks Chris it looks pretty neat.

Real Name
    Chris

You're welcome- it's like a very slimmed-down photoshop and does pretty good job for what it is.

Real Name
    Jennifer Jacson

Quote Originally Posted by Fit View Post
    I suppose it depends on whether they bought all the functionality or just parts of it.

Update regarding the tool,
    Recenlty pixlr was accquired by autodesk, you can check out www.toolpic.com which is also a great Photoshop Online editor like pixlr. The great thing about toolpic, same like pixlr, but has pro funciton of pixlr like animation option and shortcut effect which pixlr has in paid version and toolpic is free, Hopt it helps you

Real Name
    Jennifer Jacson

Quote Originally Posted by Fit View Post

Do try http://www.toolpic.com very much better tool than pixlr

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferjacson View Post
    Update regarding the tool,
    Recenlty pixlr was accquired by autodesk, you can check out www.toolpic.com which is also a great Photoshop Online editor like pixlr. The great thing about toolpic, same like pixlr, but has pro funciton of pixlr like animation option and shortcut effect which pixlr has in paid version and toolpic is free, Hopt it helps you
    Welcome to CiC, Jennifer.

Would you mind completing your profile; just click the "My Profile" button at the top of this page.

That will take you to the right page. Click the "about me" tab and please fill in at least your first name and where you are from. Clicking the pencil symbol beside those fields lets you edit the fields. We tend to be a pretty informal bunch here at CiC and go on a first name basis.

Just a bit of a "head's up"; if you look at this thread, the last response was posted around 3 years ago, so it's a bit long in the tooth.

Real Name
    Jennifer Jacson

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    Welcome to CiC, Jennifer.

Would you mind completing your profile; just click the "My Profile" button at the top of this page.

That will take you to the right page. Click the "about me" tab and please fill in at least your first name and where you are from. Clicking the pencil symbol beside those fields lets you edit the fields. We tend to be a pretty informal bunch here at CiC and go on a first name basis.

Just a bit of a "head's up"; if you look at this thread, the last response was posted around 3 years ago, so it's a bit long in the tooth.
    Thanks , i will do that ...when i back from my work.
    Yes its 3 year old thread, but i thought to shared the updated tool because i know the fact many read the old thread by search term they will atleast find it usefull