Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: We have bragging rights this week!

Real Name
    Kori

We have bragging rights this week!

Hi all! I had to express my excitement - this week at the race track Craig qualified the fastest! The track is just short of 1/3 mile and he came in at 14.777 seconds! We are 2nd in point standings now! Hope we keep the great racing up! No crashes - minor tire marks now!!! Thanks for all your support and commments! Work and Racing is keeping us busy - so I'm having a hard time getting on....wish I could get on here more than once or twice a week!
    Here are some shots from the track! No major crashes yet or I would post those too....

Our trade cards picture

He's not a Ford man...but our main sponsor is Ford (LOL) so we had to change!(believe it or not if you don't know much about racing - the body is all the same - just a decal change over! ha ha)

When you Qualify the fastest your car gets to go out on the track(driving very slow) for the parade of flags while the National Anthem is playing - so he was the one. Last time he qualified the fastest was I think 2 years ago!

I know crashes are great photo's - I will post a good one when it happens...Lets all hope Craig isn't in the pictures though!

I hope everyone had a great Weekend!

Kori

Real Name
    Jim

Re: We have bragging rights this week!

Kori,

Congatulations and best of luck for the rest of the season.

Jim

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

If all else fails, you could always upgrade the car to one of these

Real Name
    Kori

Thanks Jim!

Colin- yikes! Those are sooooo fast and lots more money! Craig hits speeds of about 80 miles per hour - that's fast enough - especially for that little track! I'd rather see him crash in his car than formula one cars! ouch is all I have to say with those!

Better finish lunch and get back to work! augh!

Thanks!

Kori

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by batman44 View Post
    Thanks Jim!

Colin- yikes! Those are sooooo fast and lots more money! Craig hits speeds of about 80 miles per hour - that's fast enough - especially for that little track! I'd rather see him crash in his car than formula one cars! ouch is all I have to say with those!
    Well the good news is that they're introducing an optional budget cap so teams can operate for a season for only 40 million Euro - perhaps that could help?

In terms of crashing, strangely enough, he'd probably be much safer in an F1 car ... it's their #1 priority, and they go through very stringent crash tests. I've seen some very horrific crashes - and on most occasions they just hop out afterwards - and on other occasions its never more than a trip to the hospital for over-night observation. I can't even remember the last time someone was seriously hurt in one (thank goodness).

Real Name
    Kori

Thanks for the info...BUT I doubt that will ever be in the cards! LOL

Yes, safety is huge - in any racing division. Our track has had some pretty nasty crashes - and 80 miles an hour isn't fast - but it's fast enough. With the equipment - harnesses and whatnot... no one has been seriously injured.

It's fun to watch the crashes really - when my guy isn't involved that is! Amazing how they get out of that wreck uninjured! But the cars aren't anything more than metal frames with fiberglass around them.(our cars that is) Not up to speed on F1 cars. Body damage is easy to fix.

Kori

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by batman44 View Post
    Not up to speed on F1 cars.
    Have a watch of this for a quick comparison

(or this)

Dooooooh, I was thinking of buying one of those M5s....... not anymore!!!

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Priapus View Post
    Dooooooh, I was thinking of buying one of those M5s....... not anymore!!!
    I know someone with one - I've had a look "up close" ... not your average-looking BMW that's for sure!

... Would still prefer a F1 car in the garage though, if anyone has one to give away (preferrably a late-model Ferrari, Ex Schumacher).