Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Project 52 by Hasso Hirvesoo

Project 52 by Hasso Hirvesoo

Macro photo CZ50mm/@5,6

Real Name
    Reima

Re: Project 52 by Hasso Hirvesoo

Now, I'm don't have much experience about photographing, but since no one has commented yet:

I like the feeling of the photo, but i'd like to see the subject from the background, it kind of drowns there because the color is exactly the same. And perhaps a bit less of those things (what are those? ) on the depth of focus, so it wouldn't be so crowded. Perhaps a bit like in the left bottom corner? It seems to be crispy sharp there.

But nevertheless I really do like it, and the mood is really great!

Real Name
    Mal

Looks like an interesting subject but I think perhaps a deeper depth of field to capture more of your foreground subjects is in order. To Reima's point, the foreground does blend into the background a bit so perhaps a different perspective, eg shot from a lower angle looking up would help the foreground stand out more.

it is some kind of flower. it is just like it is...there was purpos, that the bokeh is the...ruler of this picture "softness"...with such small things, there the field of depth is "problem"...but I wanted that it is like it is...maybe in next week You can see...as You can see the f value is small. One flake is about 3-4mm.

Real Name
    Peter

Hasso - I like this style of image and find myself taking similar styles of shot with macro. I like that it gives a different view of a pretty ordinary subject. I enjoy the colors and shapes In your photo.

Do you have any specific goals for project 52? If so, it would be worth posting them here.

Good luck.

At this point, my goal is just share photos. I have found allready from this page really good informations.
    Some macros are also "sharper". Project 52 by Hasso Hirvesoo

Real Name
    Wendy

Hi Hasso, I like the colours and the feel of this shot. I hope to see more in the weeks to come.

Wendy

Real Name
    Mal

Quote Originally Posted by HaSSo View Post
    it is some kind of flower. it is just like it is...there was purpos, that the bokeh is the...ruler of this picture "softness"...with such small things, there the field of depth is "problem"...but I wanted that it is like it is...maybe in next week You can see...as You can see the f value is small. One flake is about 3-4mm.
    As long as it matches your vision that is the main thing that matters. I have a habit of not sticking to the rules too

Hi Hasso,
    I like the colours, I think your focus could have been over a little more, perhaps more central, the black at the back is a little distracting, keep shooting and posting

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Good play on the two primary colors and the textures work well together. I think I would prefer to see all of the stalks in focus.

then the background will be much "sharper"...idea was that the one who is in the middle is sharp. macro is for me such a new thing...it is taken wide open f2,8...is I had more faster lens...for me that will be much nicer when background is even more soft.

Real Name
    Kevin

Hasso,

Love your 2nd shot. Would like to see the DoF just deep enough to sharpen the stalks evenly- would take some patient trial and error. Reminds me of six soldiers posed in front of their national flag

Kevin

what was used...1/160, f2,8 iso 100 flash pentax AE240Z(manual mode), lens Carl Zeiss Jena 50mm+macro tubes, with tripod of course. Firstly I needed an a4 paper between the flower and flash. Next I used one white paper above of the flower to reflect more light to subject and one little xenon flashlight behind the blossom. Flash was tilted up about 10deg. So I got softer light around of subject.

Real Name
    Mal

Quote Originally Posted by HaSSo View Post
    then the background will be much "sharper"...idea was that the one who is in the middle is sharp. macro is for me such a new thing...it is taken wide open f2,8...is I had more faster lens...for me that will be much nicer when background is even more soft.
    Perhaps the issue then is that there is a stalk on the left that looks like it is almost as sharp as the centre one. If you did and adjustment blur or de-sharpening of the stalk on the left it might centre a viewer's focus a bit better on that single stalk if that's what you're trying to achieve.

(3)Re: Project 52 by Hasso Hirvesoo

RAYBOW
    Exp 3,5s, F11 and ISO-100
    P K20d Tamron SP AF28-300/3.5-6.3 @28mm (good for You, if You avoid it)
    Last edited by HaSSo; 23rd January 2012 at 06:27 AM.

Real Name
    Kathy

Re: (3)Re: Project 52 by Hasso Hirvesoo

That is really awesome!!

Re: (4)Re: Project 52 by Hasso Hirvesoo

Real Name
    Kathy

Beautiful photo and I know this is going to sound strange but it looks like an image of a woman praying in the middle of the photo! Does anyone else see this??

Yes, I see. It's like "revelation" and that is the reason why I captured it. As You can see she is holding something also in her's right hand. This picture is taken with 37mm.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast