Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Mini Bridge Problem

Real Name
    Neil

Mini Bridge Problem

I wonder if anyone can tell me what on earth I have done to the settings in MiniBridge in CS5.
    Everything has worked fine until today now when if I have a folder full of tiff images open in MiniBridge one or two now have a small grey circle with two upward pointing arrows in it beside them, these when I double click these they open in ARC.
    Now I can open then in Photoshop OK by right clicking them and hitting open image. But I would love to know what has happened and how I can restore normality.
    I did a search but this only shows up people asking how to open tiffs in ARC!!

Any info gratefully received

Neil

Re: Mini Bridge Problem

If you can understand Mini Bridge, Neil, you are doing a lot better than me. I've tried it a few times but couldn't make any sense of it so I just use the full Bridge controls.

Are you sure those are Tiff images? Those little grey circles plus symbols mean Raw, or DNG, to me.

Real Name
    Neil

Definitely tiffs and I have never seen these little devils before on either RAW or DNG. Must confes I have never used full size bridge since since CS5 came out. I read Scot Kelby and set it up from his book really handy.

I had a check around Mini Bridge, Neil, and although I still can't see any advantage over the main Bridge which appears much more logical to an old pre digital guy like me, I can't find anything like you mention.

I get those symbols on Raw files, which I have edited, plus another symbol to show when the image has been cropped. But I can't find anything on a tiff no matter what I do. And I tried files which contain layers.

I'm wondering, if those files aren't Raw or Dng, are you saving these tiff files with one of the extra options which I don't use. There are a number of these extra tiff options, such as saving as a pyramid etc, when you save your files; but I have never been brave enough to try them.

Real Name
    Neil

Thanks for taking the time to look. Problem has vanished three days later, did nothing so I guess this will remain one of lifes little mysteries!

The files were bog standard tiffs no layers or odd options, other thing is I have never seen these little circles on any of my files before, neither RAW, normally CR2, but sometimes DNG, either edited or unedited.

I like mini bridge because it just works seamlessly from within CS5, guess this old dog has learnt a new trick as I, like you, come from a distant past where 400 ASA was the stuff of dreams and 64 ASA was fast!!

Thanks again Neil