Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Little Blue River

Real Name
    Kathy

Little Blue River

Since it was 60 degrees here in Nebraska and Mid January, I thought it would be a perfect day to go out and practice photo taking so I decided to explore the Little Blue River not far from where I live. Hopefully I have improved a little and if not I will keep trying. I found it a little hard to photograph a river there always seemed to be alot going on in the picture, I will have to say it was a very calming and relaxing experience. Please let me know what you think. Your input is always helpful.

Little Blue River

Little Blue River

I found this cute little bridge on my adventure, wanted to get really nice shot of it but I do not think I succeeded, but I thought I would show it to you anyway.

Little Blue River

This last photo, I was just playing around with the saturation and highlight adjustments and came up with this, I thought It was interesting so I kept it.

Little Blue River

Real Name
    Philip

Re: Little Blue River

Kathy, I like the photo of the bridge - probably because I love bridges and I love reflections! I just wish you had been able to include each end of the bridge within the frame.

Cheers.

Philip

Real Name
    Chris

I generally stay as far from the hue and saturation sliders as I can get. I find they either over brighten/over intensify or they create mud.

I think you might have begun to see the images as some of us one here might be inclined to envision, as a black and white image (last in your series). I have taken a few liberties with your second version in the B&W arena. Just a thought.

Little Blue River

Real Name
    Allan Short

I have to agree with Chris on this comments, and the B&W really works well this this picture, The one with the birdge again maybe to see what if, in B&W, or maybe if you can darken just the bridge to help it stand out. Looking nice Kathy.

Allan

Real Name
    Kathy

Thankyou for your thoughts and suggestions, I will see what I can do with the bridge photo.

Real Name
    Kathy

Philip,
    I recropped the Bridge to include as much of the ends as possible, see if you think it made a difference. Allan, I also tried to darken the bridge a little and I also included a B&W version of it also.

Little Blue River

Little Blue River

Real Name
    Allan Short

I did not notice the bridge floating out of the right hand side of the image before, with the new crop it is now anchored, I like it. Kathy how do you like the bridge darker in the coloured shot? The colour is bright, that said I lean more towards the B&W shot to me it has a mood.

Allan

Real Name
    Kathy

Allan, not sure which I really like better, I am not sure I really made the bridge darker or not, when I look at it now I really can't see that I made any difference with the color of the bridge compared to the first one, but I do like the crop better. The colors were so vibrant when the photo was shot, that is what I liked about the mood when I was shooting, but I do not dilsike the B&W, If I was not the photographer I might look at the B&W and say that I like it better -- does that make any sense?? Again thanks for your input!

Real Name
    Ramachandran

I like the b&w-bridge, because it has more depth and character.Perhaps it is better to clone out that white object - I can't figure out what it is - at the top left of the bridge.

Real Name
    Philip

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy O View Post
    The colors were so vibrant when the photo was shot, that is what I liked about the mood when I was shooting, but I do not dilsike the B&W...
    Kathy, I like the new crop and agree with you about the colours. The B&W is OK but it completely changes the mood of your shot, and I much prefer yours - it gives the warm, vibrant, positive, glad to be alive feeling, of such a pleasant winter's day.

Philip

Real Name
    Chris

Kathy- nice shots. I grew up in Nebraska and know the Big and Little Blue well.

Happy shooting!

Chris

Real Name
    Kathy

Thank you everyone for all of your input, I learn so much from all of your comments they are very much appreciated!

Real Name
    Kathy

Thankyou everyone for taking the time to look at my photo's and for the helpful suggestions.