Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Afghanistan

Real Name
    Mahonri Gibson

Afghanistan

A couple of shots from a recent flight over Afghanistan I thought I'd share. These were taken with an Olympus Stylus Tough P+S, through a window but I think they turned out well none the less. Any comments or critiques more than welcome. If I get to do the flight again I think I'll find a way to carry my DSLR.

Afghanistan

Afghanistan

Re: Afghanistan

Welcome to CiC. Very rugged landscapes wonderfully captured. I hope to see more when you get your DSLR up there. On first glance at #1 I thought it was melting snow in a parking lot. But the second one puts it in context. Great shots.

Ryo

Real Name
    Wendy

Very interesting shots. Certainly not a view most of us get to see. I really love the first shot with the background fading to fog and the river or trail that winds though. Even though it is taken through a window I think the quality is there and I just love the mood. The terrain in the second shot is unlike anything I have seen before -it could be of another planet. It's a great shot also, but the first one is amazing under the conditions in which you were shooting.

Wendy

Yes they have worked well, particularly the first one.

I'm assuming you were moving fairly fast at the time; which makes them even more amazing.

Real Name
    Mahonri Gibson

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. The first shot with the river was also my favorite, I feel like everything lined up very well in that one. To help give some perspective on the size of the terrain, here's another shot of the same river, zoomed in. You can notice the small town and farm fields towards the left side of the picture.

Afghanistan

Real Name
    Richard

Great perspective of a very rugged terrain.

Real Name
    Joe Watterson

Really nice shots. The quality is quite good despite being through a window and non-DSLR.