Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Fly me to the moon

Real Name
    Toņo

Fly me to the moon

Hi everyone

I took inspiration from a friend's picture. I took this one around 5 am in the morning before catching my flight.

I'd like to hear your comments.

Toņo

Fly me to the moon

Real Name
    Brian

Re: Fly me to the moon

Hi Tono,
    I find this photo interesting. I don't know if it's the shape of the windows or the nearly monochrome appearance or what.
    If this were my photo, a couple things I would be looking at trying differently:
    I wonder how it would look if you were pointing more down the walkway? Also, the reflections/lights in the windows, I would experiment with some different perspectives to see what different effects I could add to the image.
    What do you think?

Real Name
    Toņo

Re: Fly me to the moon

Hi Brian

I agree that are a couple of things that I could have tried then.

For this particular effort I wanted the Departures sign to be visible through the first window. Also the check in hall was visible on the back of the original picture, and I cropped it out to give the image a sense of deepness, which could have been increased by taking the picture closer to the windows as you said.

I think the result is not too bad, but I know it can be improved... For the next time I'll be sure to drink some coffee before taking the pics

Real Name
    Rob Douglas
    I'd does have that Flash Gordon feel to it. Pretty cool shot on a whim. Maybe soften the reflections in the windows or cloning out the reflections all together?