Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Project 52 - Minichris

Real Name
    Chris

Project 52 - Minichris

Ordinary sights can make extraordinary scenes. I keep coming back to this theme...the regular everyday items we see every day, but don't see as objects d' arte. I am making it a habit to never be without a camera within arm's reach...

Project 52 - Minichris

Real Name
    Mal

Re: Project 52 - Minichris

Nice capture and great theme. I wish I had that sort of eye!

Real Name
    Peter

Nice one Chris. The only thing that popped into my mind immediately was 'that is a lot of blue'. I am not sure that a bit of other colour would improve it though.

Real Name
    Chris

I didn't do too much to the original - shown here - other than pop the contrast and give it a decent sharpening. In the original, I thought the "blue" (even though they are blue) was oversaturated for the image I saw in my head the first time I saw them (I drove home, got a camera, drove back and the light had changed just enough to have to make some adjustments from the first viewing); hence the pledge to myself never to be without a camera again.

I think any time we are working toward an end goal of an artist's vision, there are compromises that have to be made. I love the purists, SOOC people, and in the end, I hope to be able to shoot perfectly out of the camera, but like the surrealist, or photo realist artist, it's what is in my head which matters in the end; the camera and PP engine are just tools toward that end.

Project 52 - Minichris
    Last edited by MiniChris; 9th January 2012 at 11:45 AM.

Real Name
    Peter

Chris - I saw this earlier today and thought it was great. I thought the vibrance really showed through.

Great example of taking something mundane and boring and seeing it through a different lens so to speak!