Thread: Herons

Real Name
    Diane

Herons

Again Mexico pictures most of the bird shots are from Rio Lagartos a nature reserve. There were so many birds I couldn't keep up here are two different types of Herons.

Herons

Herons

Diane

Real Name
    Jack R Mann

Re: Herons

nice

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Two really nice images, Diane! I'd love to be able to see these in a larger size.

If you are into post processing, I'll bet you could apply some contrast differences to the subject/background in the second one to get the bird to stand out better with a little more 'pop'.

Real Name
    Diane

Thanks, this place was unbelievable everywhere I looked there was another picture. I have been playing with the second picture with no real success I keep making the sun spots stand out too much. Will rethink and try later.

Real Name
    Rob Douglas
    Nice shots Diane. The 1st one is slightly soft but the 2nd one is sharp as a tack. He's well camouflaged but being so sharp I can pick him right out.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Quote Originally Posted by DianeD View Post
    Thanks, this place was unbelievable everywhere I looked there was another picture. I have been playing with the second picture with no real success I keep making the sun spots stand out too much. Will rethink and try later.
    Hi Diane. Once you have the contrast levels (and any other adjustments you care to make) where you feel they should be for the subject and background, Make a copy of the original image and change the entire image brightness until you like the look of just the sunspots, ignoring the rest of the image for the moment. You can then blend the sunspot areas of the copy back into the working image with a soft, low opacity brush, until it looks realistic to you. Hope this helps!

Real Name
    Diane

Here is an attempt still hit and miss with PP but very much on a learning curve. I think I solved some issues.

Herons

Kind of thinking about getting rid of stick going across the front.

Herons

Diane
    Last edited by DianeD; 9th January 2012 at 07:37 PM.