Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: My First post

My First post

Hello all this is my first post here
    let me know what you think of this pic i think its not bad considering i had no tripod & how hard it it is to creep up on a grasshopper, btw i haven't done any post editing except for a trim & zoom on the subject, looking forwart to some constructive criticism.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Mark

Re: My First post

Welcome to cic nice first post, i think a tighter crop to remove the blade of grass in the foreground would help the image.

As Mark mentioned, a tighter crop would help to give more prominence to the grasshopper.

And I know all too well how difficult they can be to photograph well. A tripod certainly helps to create a sharp focus but it can be so difficult to set up and approach an insect which never stays still for long and likes hiding amongst the grass so you did well to get this shot.

They frequently hide behind a grass stalk while peering at me around the stalk; and as I try to change my position to get a clearer shot they also move around, so there is always a piece of grass in front of them.

Real Name
    Karen McCosh

photographing insects is so hard especially without a tripod . This is great , the grasshopper is well focused , but more cropping as others have suggested would fosuc more on the insect.

Real Name
    Karen McCosh

Have a look at this insect & please comment.

My First post

Real Name
    Kathy

love the color of photo number 2 (butterfly) beautiful with the dark background!

You have good colour there, Karen, and the focus is sharp on the flower plus most of the butterfly's wing. But it is probably impossible to get the butterfly totally in focus without using focus stacking of several shots; which is difficult to achieve if there is any hint of wind movement.

But what specifically did you have in mind when asking this question?