Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Project 52: Rhonda C (kayeseyes)

Real Name
    Rhonda

Project 52: Rhonda C (kayeseyes)

My goal is to improve my skills as a photographer in each photograph. My focus will be on composition and exposure. My objective was to use the bulb feature on my Sony A330 to create that misty water flow look of the waterfall.

Real Name
    Greg

Re: Project 52: Rhonda C (kayeseyes)

Well you have achieved your objective Rhonda,
    A very peaceful image.
    I see your exposure was 1/10 sec. If you want to try bulb, try the same shot at night if possible and use a torch to paint some light into the exposure
    Nice to see another Sony user
    Greg

Real Name
    Mal

Good Job on achieving the misty waterfall look. I noticed that though that the rocks in the waterfall aren't very sharpful and that you shot at an aperture of F32. I suspect at that aperture you might be getting some diffraction which might be causing the softness. Perhaps try shooting at a more open aperture but at a time of the day when it isn't so bright or use some neutral density filters to decrease the light coming into the lens.

Real Name
    Wendy

Great project Rhonda. We are working on the same type of goals so I will be watching your project and learning along with you

Wendy

Real Name
    Rhonda

Thanks for the feedback! It was very bright that day and this was the best of many attempts. I wanted the rocks to have a soft appearance so this is what I came up with the original picture had a more sharper look.

Real Name
    Wayne

A stunning juxtaposition of colors, from the pure white water, to the greenish flat tops of the rocks, and the eye-catching ochre and orange verticals. Can't take my eyes off of it.

We share the same 1st name and love for waterfalls. I think you did very well with this project and concur with the baove assesments. One thing I would do is, remove those two (what appear to be ) tree branch tips . My eye keeps getting drawn to them and taking me away from this beautiful scene.

Real Name
    Rob Douglas
    Beautiful soft focus image. I agree about those two little branch tip though. Clone or crop, then print and hang. Well done.

Real Name
    Rhonda

I never even notice the branches. I tell you it is always good to have a different set of eye to see what you miss. Thanks Douglas and Candylady!

Real Name
    Richard

Rhonda,
    Looks like you have achieved your aim. The water looks great. I like it when there is some action in the water rather than the flow looking like whipped cream...

Real Name
    Rhonda

Re: Project 52: Rhonda C (kayeseyes) Week 2

Week 2: I was out shooting and was attempting to work on my Macro (close-up) photography. I was pleased with this picture. I wanted to post a copy before I stamped it : ) but I saved it over the photo instead of saving a seperate copy. As always appreciate all C & C's...

Real Name
    Mal

Macro seems to be a Week 2 theme for some Out of curiosity, what settings did you use when you took the shot?

Hi Rhonda,
    Unusual looking flower, nice colour and texture. I'm not sure where your focus is though, the background is nice and soft.

Real Name
    Rhonda

Here are my setting for week 2 shot @ Goldcoastgolfer

ISO 200
    1/200
    F/6.3
    focal Length: 300MM.

Real Name
    Rhonda

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy Stanford View Post
    Hi Rhonda,
    Unusual looking flower, nice colour and texture. I'm not sure where your focus is though, the background is nice and soft.
    Wendy,

I thought it was a unusual looking flower as well, I think it's some time of wildflower. I think my focus was not as clear as I would like it to have been and this is my challenge on Macro (close up) shots. If I could have sharpen the focus on the portion that falls on the line of 3rd I think it would enhance the picture tremendously, I am in this location often and will take a shot at a redo. Thanks for the feedback!

Real Name
    Wendy

Very very pretty subject Rhonda. I love the colours and framing, but wonder how it would have been if you were able to move to the right a bit and eliminate the dark green patch. I just love the pink with the green out of focus background, but the dark green is distracting to me. It's such a nice soft looking shot except for that. Very pretty though. Nice work

Wendy (ScoutR)

Real Name
    Rhonda

Re: Project 52: Rhonda C (kayeseyes) Week 3

This was a busy little boat. I'm not sure if I over saturated it or not but I just love the way the yellow and burnt rust came out, crop it little as well... thanks in advance for all C&C!

Real Name
    Mike

I like boats with alot of color too! I agree with you… a wee bit too much on the saturation Is this a cropped pic? wondering if there could be a bit more room in the front and not chopping off the stern?

Hi Rhonda, perhaps a little too much saturation, but the colour of the water still looks OK, I would also like to see more space in the front of the boat, gives it somewhere to go, if there was more room around the boat the reflection below the boat could look interesting, great looking little boat