Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Gazebo at Sunrise

Real Name
    Bob Murphy

Gazebo at Sunrise

This morning I decided to venture down the shore to take some sunrise shots. Several of them so far look promising, this one really stood out, and would require the least(barely any) PP. Comments and Advice is welcome as always.

Gazebo at Sunrise

ISO100 F/11 25 sec exposure

thanks,
    murfdogg

PS. The image seems to have some sort of distortion to it, I'm not really sure why so any ideas on how to correct this would be appreciated.

Real Name
    Mal

Re: Gazebo at Sunrise

Lovely colours in the sky. I think it needs a rotation to the right slightly to level the horizon.

What do you use for PP? Photoshop and Lightroom have lens distortion adjustments - both pre-programmed and manual.

Real Name
    Bob Murphy
    I have photoshop cs5. I'm not really familiar with certain aspects of the program yet.

Real Name
    John

I like the colors and image sharpness, edges need cropping.

Real Name
    Kevin

Hey, Bob

Nice shot. Unless I screwed my head on crooked this morning, I think it could use a slight clockwise rotation. To avoid distortion of any rectilinear object, I find I find to assiduously seek out the exact midpoint of the structure and align with it- I think you are just to the left of the midpoint here

Cheers,

Kevin

Real Name
    Bob Murphy
    I wasn't able to take the shot from the perfect center because of a hand rail that was in the way.

Real Name
    Mal

Quote Originally Posted by murfdogg645 View Post
    I have photoshop cs5. I'm not really familiar with certain aspects of the program yet.
    I'm afraid I use Lightroom and I'm not familiar with CS5 however if it's anything like Elements, go to the "Filters" menu and you should find "Camera Distortion" there. Have a play with the different settings.

Real Name
    Scott Benz

Quote Originally Posted by kdoc856 View Post
    Hey, Bob

Nice shot. Unless I screwed my head on crooked this morning, I think it could use a slight clockwise rotation. To avoid distortion of any rectilinear object, I find I find to assiduously seek out the exact midpoint of the structure and align with it- I think you are just to the left of the midpoint here

Cheers,

Kevin
    We midwesterners think alike. I almost posted the exact same thought when I was at work but got busy before I could finish a coherent post.

I too was having trouble with the lines and it seemed to warrant a different crop perhaps gazebo to left third, eliminate a portion of the foreground.

Lastly, I would clone out the last bit of sun as it seems to compete with the lights a bit. The color of the sunset is wonderful however. Oh, and the clockwise rotation is an aboslute....