Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Las Vegas

Las Vegas

Las Vegas

Re: Las Vegas

I was just there last month

I love the viewpoint, but I think the flare/glare from the upper right takes away from the pic... Also, have you tried tweaking this a little in Photoshop to "square" the building a little?

Vegas at night is just so picturesque...daytime, not so much!

Quote Originally Posted by rparkerjr View Post

I love the viewpoint, but I think the flare/glare from the upper right takes away from the pic... Also, have you tried tweaking this a little in Photoshop to "square" the building a little?

Thanks for your comments.This is direct from the camera without any Photoshop manipulation , used Picasa to put some shadows.. that is all..

More from the same series just for you :-)
    Las Vegas
    Las Vegas
    Las Vegas
    Las Vegas
    Las Vegas

Las Vegas
    Las Vegas

Real Name
    Adrian

A nice series of images. Colourful and striking.

I do get a sense from your photographs that quite often there is a slight tilt to them, so that the horizon is not level or the centre vertical is not quite vertical through the frame.

Straightening post processing can deal with this obviously, but I wonder if you are subconsciously failing to hold your camera quite level?

(I do this too. Try as I might, I can't get it right every time :-( )

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    A nice series of images. Colourful and striking.

I do get a sense from your photographs that quite often there is a slight tilt to them, so that the horizon is not level or the centre vertical is not quite vertical through the frame.

Straightening post processing can deal with this obviously, but I wonder if you are subconsciously failing to hold your camera quite level?

(I do this too. Try as I might, I can't get it right every time :-( )
    I think the reason for the tilt can be due to my camera placement..i mean during these shots I never used any tripod but used walls/poles/lamp posts/floor as my "tripod" :-)..
    Really appreciate you noticed it..Thanks

after looking at all your pics here what struck me most was your exposures they are spot on,all the pics here. others things like compositions,etc can be improved as usual....but that differs from photographer to photographer whether the exposure have been tweaked in ps or not, i like it.in fact i must congratulate u on such a good effort

Quote Originally Posted by taken View Post
    after looking at all your pics here what struck me most was your exposures they are spot on,all the pics here. others things like compositions,etc can be improved as usual....but that differs from photographer to photographer whether the exposure have been tweaked in ps or not, i like it.in fact i must congratulate u on such a good effort
    Thanks ..None of the shots are PS manipulated ..except applying some shadows(with some basic editing tools like Picasa)

Cheers on all your photos! I havent delved into evening photography yet, though these pics make me excited to try! The Honolulu skyline at night is a doozy from up in the mountains, and Im dying to give it a whorl.

Again, well done!

Cheers on all your photos! I havent delved into evening photography yet, though these pics make me excited to try! The Honolulu skyline at night is a doozy from up in the mountains, and Im dying to give it a whorl.

Again, well done!
    Thanks for the comments..

Real Name
    Ian

Odd ones do appear over exposed slightly, which is quite common when there are so many bright lights. Maybe bracketing a few exposures would provide you with a choice of the correct exposure.

The tilt issue is one that I often succumb to myself and find that post capture processing is necessary to straighten up, unless I spend more time thinking about this on site. Usually my tripod avoids such problems on time exposures as they are composed at a more leisurely pace.

(Unless of course you have been using an early Canon EOS1 DS MKIII - a fault now corrected I believe)

Quote Originally Posted by shreds View Post
    Odd ones do appear over exposed slightly, which is quite common when there are so many bright lights. Maybe bracketing a few exposures would provide you with a choice of the correct exposure.

The tilt issue is one that I often succumb to myself and find that post capture processing is necessary to straighten up, unless I spend more time thinking about this on site. Usually my tripod avoids such problems on time exposures as they are composed at a more leisurely pace.

(Unless of course you have been using an early Canon EOS1 DS MKIII - a fault now corrected I believe)
    Thanks...In most of the cases i found -0.3 EV fine with by 18-200mm and -0.6EV with 50mm/1.4f .. already started experimenting with diff EV for "close to" perfection