Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Anik's hair

Real Name
    Erik

Anik's hair

Hi All,

Wish you the best for the New Year.

I was preparing for a portrait shot, when my daughter turned her back on me I took a shot.
    For an unplanned shoot, I really like the result. I'm not pleased with the canvas on the wall, but a bare wall would not be pleasing to the photo either I do not think.

Would like to hear what you think.

Thanks,

Erik

Anik's hair

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Anik's hair

Erik, I think you might even like it a little more if you gave it a little straightening. Although you might lose to much and cut into her hair.

Real Name
    Mal

Quote Originally Posted by jeeperman View Post
    Erik, I think you might even like it a little more if you gave it a little straightening. Although you might lose to much and cut into her hair.
    Yep - a bit of straightening would help I think. As it stands, it looks like your daughter is staring at the canvas so it might actually be able to add to this shot. It's the lamp and the pink hair brush in the background that are a bit distracting from me. If you could remove or crop those out I think you'd have a cleaner shot which tells a bit of a story.

Real Name
    Bill

I'm a new guy here and I think this photo is one of those "lucky shots". My self I'd go back and shoot this pose again allowing the lamp, wall painting (or painting of your choice) and your subject to be in sharp focus. In fact I would even widen the view to make the lamp a definite part of the photo. I like the idea of photographing the young lady from behind as she appears to be studying the painting. I wonder how this would look as a B&W. Wow, I like this shot more and more as I look at it.
    Straighting the photo in the camera is easier than post processing eh?
    Duneshot / Bill

Real Name
    Erik

Heh, it is always interesting to hear of how other interpret a photo. And how those interpretations can be different.

I admit, that I did not do any PP on this photo before posting. What I liked about it was that you can see the pink hair brush in the background. Is that not typical of a little girl, to have a pink hair brush?

Great comments, Thanks

Real Name
    Mike

Eric, while it's not all all uncommon for a young lady to have a pink brush,
    I find that where this one is sitting just doesn't fit well with the overall composition.

Hope it was OK, but I saved the pic and did a little PP on it. Cloned out the
    brush, added some fill light then peaked the contrast and colors a bit:

Anik_hair-2.jpg

Mike

Real Name
    Mal

Quote Originally Posted by cichlid View Post
    Heh, it is always interesting to hear of how other interpret a photo. And how those interpretations can be different.

I admit, that I did not do any PP on this photo before posting. What I liked about it was that you can see the pink hair brush in the background. Is that not typical of a little girl, to have a pink hair brush?

Great comments, Thanks
    Of course It just depends on what you want the focus to be on. Ultimately it's all about the story that you want to tell so if you think it should be in there to complete the story, it should be