Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Were You Drunk Last New Year's Eve?

Were You Drunk Last New Year's Eve?

If you're really not then...can you find the odd bottle?

HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!

Real Name
    Allen or "Lurchy" is fine

Re: Were You Drunk Last New Year's Eve?

oh i was drunk last new years eve, all i remember is calling my sister completly drunk. and aparently i spilled my beer on the barmaid and ran off? Sad thing is, shes a friend of mine, so im gona cop it. lol, love the pic

Real Name
    Richard

Nope! I no longer drink but when I did, I considered myself quite a beer devotee. I preferred Lager beers to Pilsners...

San Miguel (in the Philippines) was my absolute favorite beer; closely followed by San Miguel (in Hong Kong) and Swan Lager (in Perth, Western Australia). NOTE: I have never tried the "Light" nor "Apple Flavored" San Miguel (shown in the image). To tell you the truth, the thought of apple flavored beer gives me the shudders.

Where did I rate the U.S.A. beers? Honestly, pretty darn far down on the ladder of taste quality.

IMO, the worst beers in the world are Ba Mui Ba (Beer "33" from Vietnam) and Biera Peroni (from Italy). Additionally, French beer wasn't much to talk about and usually gave me a headache.

Some Japanese beers are O.K. and German beer was generally pretty darn good but could not come up to either San Miguel or Swan Lager in their native environments. Unfortunately, IMO, neither San Miguel nor Swan Lager travels very well. The German beers have a bit of an edge when transported.

I liked Hennekin quite well and Guiness Stout is great!

The strongest beer was in Singh Thai (I think that was the name - it is still pretty fuzzy) in Bangkok Thailand...
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 2nd January 2012 at 07:00 PM.

Real Name
    Chris

Not even a sip of champagne...weird, but I just don't give alcohol much thought. I can drink, just don't all that much, but now am thinking how good a cold beer would go with some boiled peanuts.

Real Name
    Allen or "Lurchy" is fine

A nice cold beer is great after a long day mowing in summer

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jupiterlush View Post

If you're really not then...can you find the odd bottle?

HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!
    Does the upside down label count as odd? I can't imagine that bottle getting down the dispensing line and still getting filled.

Real Name
    Mel Timtiman

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Nope! I no longer drink but when I did, I considered myself quite a beer devotee. I preferred Lager beers to Pilsners...

San Miguel (in the Philippines) was my absolute favorite beer; closely followed by San Miguel (in Hong Kong) and Swan Lager (in Perth, Western Australia). NOTE: I have never tried the "Light" nor "Apple Flavored" San Miguel (shown in the image). To tell you the truth, the thought of apple flavored beer gives me the shudders.

Where did I rate the U.S.A. beers? Honestly, pretty darn far down on the ladder of taste quality.

IMO, the worst beers in the world are Ba Mui Ba (Beer "33" from Vietnam) and Biera Peroni (from Italy). Additionally, French beer wasn't much to talk about and usually gave me a headache.

Some Japanese beers are O.K. and German beer was generally pretty darn good but could not come up to either San Miguel or Swan Lager in their native environments. Unfortunately, IMO, neither San Miguel nor Swan Lager travels very well. The German beers have a bit of an edge when transported.

The strongest beer was in Singh Thai (I think that was the name - it is still pretty fuzzy) in Bangkok Thailand...
    Great choice on San Miguel as your favorite beer, Richard. Its the best brew in the planet, even my German friends would bring home a case to their country whenever they are here in Manila.

For that really strong beer, Red Horse also by San Miguel is the one to beat. Its really strong you wouldn't know what hit you.

Richard, it was my first time to have apple flavored beer and it taste good not far from champagne, coming from the ladies point of view, it didn't make us feel so bloated and it's even lighter than San Miguel lights. I think they're made for ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniChris View Post
    Not even a sip of champagne...weird, but I just don't give alcohol much thought. I can drink, just don't all that much, but now am thinking how good a cold beer would go with some boiled peanuts.

I would go with cheese!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Does the upside down label count as odd? I can't imagine that bottle getting down the dispensing line and still getting filled.

Hahaha...actually I did it! I peeled the label off

Quote Originally Posted by meltimtiman View Post
    Great choice on San Miguel as your favorite beer, Richard. Its the best brew in the planet, even my German friends would bring home a case to their country whenever they are here in Manila.

For that really strong beer, Red Horse also by San Miguel is the one to beat. Its really strong you wouldn't know what hit you.
    Mel you sound like an endorser of Red Horse LOL! Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by allenlennon View Post
    A nice cold beer is great after a long day mowing in summer
    Nice Allen.

Real Name
    John

I liked Hennekin quite well and Guiness Stout is great!...
    Guiness is my absolute favorite as well. Did you find that Guiness is stronger (more alcohol? more flavor?) in England than in the states? I thought so, but maybe just my imagination. (Not photography, but certainly can affect your photography....hmmmmmm)

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jupiterlush View Post
    Hahaha...actually I did it! I peeled the label off
    My next question would have been "was this home brewed beer?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    My next question would have been "was this home brewed beer?"
    No John, the label was kind of a sticker paper so I can peel it and put it back the way I want it, it's just a product of my naughty creativity.