Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Point and Shoot 1956 Style

Point and Shoot 1956 Style

A few snaps of a Zeiss Ikon Contina IIa from 1956. The lens is a 45mm f/3.5. The camera is complete with filters and even the original pack of paper lens cleaning cloths. There is no rangefinder (being a point and shoot) so you have to zone focus. I think that is just a case of using the max f stop possible and writing a note to Santa. It takes 35mm film so I may give it a spin one of these days.....C&C on the captures is most welcome.

No1

No2

No3

No4

No5
    http://rankamateur.smugmug.com/photo...4_hrAjs-XL.jpg

No6

No7

No8

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Point and Shoot 1956 Style

Hi Steve,

Well, this has had a lot of views (216 as I type), but no-one has commented!

Possibly where you went wrong was describing them as 'snaps' in the first few words of your post.
    But I don't 'do' pyschology, although I do think these are better than snaps, much better.

IMO nicely composed, exposed and lit, not easy with all that chrome as you need to look for good relections too.

Well done,

really nice.
    was wondering : on Number 3, did you PP the smoke, or did you create it on scene?

Thankyou both for the encouraging comments.

Dave; I guess a lot of people are searching for point and shoot cameras and 1956 must have been a good vintage I took the shots outdoors and it was very cloudy. This eradicated any harsh light that could have made the images resemble Sting's scooter on a sunny Brighton prom.

atvinnys; I see what you mean about the smoke...actually I was using a piece of art card as background. I had the card the wrong way up and the 'smoke' is actually soft scratches on the cards surface.

Real Name
    António Correia

I do like very much the first image. It is a strong one with all that red. I can almost feel in my fingers how smooth the tissue is...
    But I also like these here (6 and 7)
    Point and Shoot 1956 Style - : - Point and Shoot 1956 Style
    one for the composition and shallow DOF and the other just for the composition and light.
    Diffused light is indeed very good, opposed to harsh light.
    Good work