Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Christmas Flowers

Real Name
    Myra

Christmas Flowers

My good friend and neighbour gave me a lovely floral arrangment for our home. Instead of pressing them, I've compressed them. (I know.... Groan!) It makes me exceedingly happy to be able to look at this photo and see that I've forgotten to straighten the candles and that my vignetting is uneven at the top. (It looks fine on my old desk top that I used for the PP, but not so fine on my laptop.) A year ago, I likely would not have noticed either

My dear husband was patient enough to hold an old burgundy blanket behind the arrangement as my backdrop. Sometimes one just needs an extra pair of hands; can't clip a backdrop to air!

If you are celebrating a holy day or a holiday, may I wish you much peace and happiness.

Christmas Flowers
    Christmas Flowers and candles sm by M.J. Hencher, on Flickr

Real Name
    John

Re: Christmas Flowers

STUNNING....brings tears to the old eyes.

Real Name
    Rob Douglas
    The candles and vignetting are only minor issues and only very slightly take away from this stunning image. The vignetting can always be reapplied to the original and a deg or two of CW rotation will fix the candles. This shot belongs on some holiday cards for sure. Great work! Wish you and yours health and happiness for the holidays and new year.