Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sammy

Real Name
    Mike

Sammy

I just love this picture of Sammy....I think I'll be....

Sammy

I've had my camera for about a month and a half and I'm loving it. It's my first DSLR O.o

Canon EOS 60D
    Exposure 0.017 sec (1/60)
    Aperture f/2.8
    Focal Length 100 mm
    ISO Speed 400
    Exposure Bias 0 EV

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Sammy

Hello Mike, and welcome to CiC.

I'm glad you're enjoying the 60D and that you've got yourself one that you really like. It's posted here very small (240 x 160px). A lot of us post our images up onto the forum at from 1000 - to 1500 pixels on the longer edge (I post at 1024). And although the engine-room of the forum resizes what we see in the post to 700, if we then click on the image it opens up with a dark background at the full size in the lightroom.

I hope you enjoy being part of the forum and that it helps you develop your knowledge and experience.

Real Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Hello Mike, and welcome to CiC.

I'm glad you're enjoying the 60D and that you've got yourself one that you really like. It's posted here very small (240 x 160px). A lot of us post our images up onto the forum at from 1000 - to 1500 pixels on the longer edge (I post at 1024). And although the engine-room of the forum resizes what we see in the post to 700, if we then click on the image it opens up with a dark background at the full size in the lightroom.

I hope you enjoy being part of the forum and that it helps you develop your knowledge and experience.
    Thanks Donald I'll have to read up on how to post looking forward to looking and learning all I can here on CiC O.o

Real Name
    Mike

Is this better O.o

Sammy

wow is this to Big?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Bingo! Well done.

Now that we can see it properly - Yes, it's a good one.

I see you shot it at f2.8. That, of course, gives you a very shallow depth-of-field. As you can see, whilst his eyes are perfectly in focus (as they should be, well done again) his hair, which is closer to us, is out-of-focus.

Now, that is what you may have wanted in order to throw the attention on to his facial features. But it is soemthing you have to watch out for if you're goign to spend a lot of time on portraiture.

How did you light this?

Real Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Bingo! Well done.

Now that we can see it properly - Yes, it's a good one.

I see you shot it at f2.8. That, of course, gives you a very shallow depth-of-field. As you can see, whilst his eyes are perfectly in focus (as they should be, well done again) his hair, which is closer to us, is out-of-focus.

Now, that is what you may have wanted in order to throw the attention on to his facial features. But it is soemthing you have to watch out for if you're goign to spend a lot of time on portraiture.

How did you light this?
    Thanks again Donald...I think I just used the on board flash. As I've only had my gear a short time and I'm new to this and my wife has a home daycare I just sit around on my days off and switch lens and take pic's I'm reading alot but know I need to shoot to learn more. I see the guys & gals pic's on here and know there's still lots to learn looking forward to it. O.o

Real Name
    Mal

Quote Originally Posted by Ruano View Post
    Thanks again Donald...I think I just used the on board flash. As I've only had my gear a short time and I' new to this and my wife has a home daycare I just sit around on my days off and switch lens and take pic's I'm reading alot but know I need to shoot to learn more. I see the guys & gals pic's on here and know there's still lots to learn looking forward to it. O.o
    He's a good looking boy There's a lot to learn but everyone here offers really good advice to improve your photographic abilities. I got my first DSLR a little under 2 months ago and and how I see photography now is a whole lot different to what I was like when I first started. It's a steep learning curve but a lot of fun too!

First stop to check out is probably Colin's School of Portraiture Lessons - a whole lot of good information there. Have fun!

Real Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Goldcoastgolfer View Post
    He's a good looking boy There's a lot to learn but everyone here offers really good advice to improve your photographic abilities. I got my first DSLR a little under 2 months ago and and how I see photography now is a whole lot different to what I was like when I first started. It's a steep learning curve but a lot of fun too!

First stop to check out is probably Colin's School of Portraiture Lessons - a whole lot of good information there. Have fun!
    Thanks Malcolm....will look into Colin's. O.o