Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Better put on the Sun glasses and 10 million SPF Sun block she's a bright one

Real Name
    Allan Short

Better put on the Sun glasses and 10 million SPF Sun block she's a bright one

The colours were there and the sun was in the right spot it did not take much to really make those colours pop.

Better put on the Sun glasses and 10 million SPF Sun block she's a bright one

I added to much sharpening, again my bad.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Better put on the Sun glasses and 10 million SPF Sun block she's a bright one

Quote Originally Posted by Polar01 View Post
    I added to much sharpening,
    Just put it down to learning!

It's a difficult shot to get the right amount of sharpening into to. I've had several similar in which my 'normal' sharpening numbers just don't work - far too much. I've found you've really got to screw it back for a scene like this and/or get very selective in what you sharpen by how much. I usually end up with lots of masks and different content sharpening in different parts of the frame.

But that can be worked on. You've got a wonderful image from which to work with. And you can re-visit the file to adjust the sharpening (it is shot in RAW, yes?)

Real Name
    Allan Short

Re: Better put on the Sun glasses and 10 million SPF Sun block she's a bright one

Yes the orginal was a raw, I only sharpen just before I print or upload I never save a file that has been sharpen except those that get saved for web as this one is

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

For all images, but especially one like this, have you studied and/or applied the thinking about sharpening that's explained on the tutorials on CiC? This suggest the notion of sharpening being a 3-stage process. If you go to the tutorials and go the Guide to Image Sharpening tutorial in the Photo-Editing and Post-Processing section, you will see it explained.

Like many people, I first learnt that sharpening was something you did once, right at the end of the process. Thinking has moved since that was the mantra. And particularly in dealing with challenging content, this approach allows for much more precise management of the sharpening task.