Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Tempting cakes

Tempting cakes

I'm not good at taking shots of cakes (I'm good at polishing them off that's about all). Here's a little experiment I did of some Kiplings fancies. My cousin was making yum yum noises in the background, but I held her back while I took my picture. Har har.

Tempting cakes

Tempting cakes

Tempting cakes

Will try sweets next.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Tempting cakes

Louise

I think #2 is too close.

#1 & #3 are good. The problem, for me, is not the cakes, but the plate that they're on. Because it's there, it's a part of the iamge. It's not just something that the cakes are sitting on. And because of that, the lines, shapes, tones of the plate and what'sa round it (e.g. the book)have to be managed in order to become integral.

I wonder if your attention got focused solely on the cakes and maybe the plate and other background items got ignored.

Real Name
    Mal

Re: Tempting cakes

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Louise

I think #2 is too close.

#1 & #3 are good. The problem, for me, is not the cakes, but the plate that they're on. Because it's there, it's a part of the iamge. It's not just something that the cakes are sitting on. And because of that, the lines, shapes, tones of the plate and what'sa round it (e.g. the book)have to be managed in order to become integral.

I wonder if your attention got focused solely on the cakes and maybe the plate and other background items got ignored.
    Given the cup cakes are square (which is really cool by the way!), perhaps a square plate would have made a better setting?