Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Alternative Faralya Sunset

Real Name
    Peter

Alternative Faralya Sunset

Not sure how this will be received but here is a shot from the same view point as my first post from Faralya but using the Lensbaby with a pinhole lens. I know it isn't sharp but the idea was to set a mood rather than show an exact copy of the scene.

Alternative Faralya Sunset

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Alternative Faralya Sunset

Quote Originally Posted by peterb533 View Post
    Not sure how this will be received but here is a shot from the same view point as my first post from Faralya but using the Lensbaby with a pinhole lens. I know it isn't sharp but the idea was to set a mood rather than show an exact copy of the scene.
    Hi Peter,

To be brutally honest, lens baby shots just never - ever - "do it for me".

Not sure how others find them, but I've only ever found them to be a device to ruin what often could have been a great shot.

sushi

I like the idea of the shot.. and what the should would look like if it was clear... but looking at it just hurt my eyes.

IMO (applying what I learned from Colin... lol) this would be more appropriate for a movie scene or something...

Yes I agree. To me, it just looks like one of those accidental shots which I take, much to often, by pressing the shutter button by mistake.

I think that very careful editing starting with a 'normal' image can produce some interesting dream like results. But I fear that, from that angle, you may be onto a loser no matter what you do. Although careful manual metering may work.

Not for me. Looks like a mistake.

Real Name
    Bill

I can grasp he concept of it (have also never heard of that kind of lense before, i'm a newb)

But it also hurt my eyes