Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Cattail

Real Name
    Chris

Cattail

Unusual to have this at this stage this late in the year, but we are having unseasonably warm weather. The closest we will see of snow this Christmas is whipped cream on berry pie.

Cattail

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Cattail

Chris,

I really like how you've composed this with the cattail to the left of center and the seeds coming out to the right, and to me the clarity and lighting on the cattail are right on. However, the background is too bright for me to really enjoy it as my eyes can't decide what to focus on. I hope you don't mind, but just to see if it made a difference, I darkened up the background by adding a vignette in Lightroom, which allowed me to appreciate the detail in the cattail much more. Unfortunately, I could not get a decent output due to the small size of the file (it did weird things to the background when I output it) so I did not post the result. Other than the light background, very well done.

Real Name
    Chris

Like ya?

Cattail

Real Name
    Mike

Amazing how a very subtle change in the light helps make the cattail pop. I like it! Chris- is this natural light or off camera flash?

Real Name
    Chris

All natural..about 1:30 PM CST North Florida. Bright sunny day. No polarizer.

Real Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by MiniChris View Post
    Like ya?
    Yes, I do, Chris. That is pretty much exactly what I thought looked best and really makes the cattail stand out from the background. Well done.