Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Abby

Real Name
    Paul Melkus

Abby

Had more time to play around with my new 35mm f/1.8G glass today and I used one of our pets as a model to see what I could do. I did no pp on this yet, let me know what you think.

Cheers!
    Abby
    1/100
    f/1.8
    ISO 100
    Last edited by Melkus; 16th December 2011 at 12:16 AM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Abby

I'm wondering why you chose to do no post-processing on this? Was it shot in RAW?

Pressing the shutter is the end of the first part of making an image. The second part starts when you begin processing in the darkroom (if you're shooting film) or on computer (if you're shooting digitally).

Real Name
    Paul Melkus

Normally I do shot in RAW Donald but this time I was using JPEG fine for no good reason other than being lazy I guess. I did forget to say I crop the left side some but that was all. You know if I did shoot this in RAW and I will try that I'm not sure how much better if any it would look even after I do any pp to it.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Melkus View Post
    You know if I did shoot this in RAW and I will try that I'm not sure how much better if any it would look even after I do any pp to it.
    Paul - You may well be right on that. As I'm sure you're very well aware, shooting it in RAW then gives you the options to PP that shooting in JPEG doesn't. But, as you say, sometimes the JPEG you get out of the camera is good enough.