Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: QUICKsoft

Real Name
    Philip

QUICKsoft

Does anyone have any real knowledge or experience of quicksoft.co.uk ? They are selling major software for £19 via download, which seems much too good to be true, which usually means that it is. So, does anyone actually know - is it genuine, is it legal, or is it a scam? Payment is accepted via Paypal which seems fairly secure, but will downloading and/or installing grab control of, and/or infect, and/or trash the computer?

Philip

Real Name
    Allen or "Lurchy" is fine

Re: QUICKsoft

in my opinion i dont trust sites that sells good brands like PS for dramatically below regular cost. especially if you have to download it. i cant evan go into their site. my advice dont do it. stick to your gut.

There are a number of sites like this, Philip.

Basically, what you get is a trial version of the software plus some additional items which are capable of turning it into a fully working edition, without extra cost.

It usually involves generating a new identification code and physically transferring some files around in the software operating menus. Exactly how to do this usually isn't clearly stated, that is a legal loophole, so you need some knowledge of computer software internal workings.

I assume that doing this isn't legal; but neither is installing a second copy from a friend's programme or any of the many other questionable antics.

So, I'm not going to say yes or no here.

Real Name
    Dave

I'm confused by this one. Is the spelling of the website correct?

I have just done a WHOIS search on quicksoft.co.uk. Interestingly the entry in the WHOIS for the registrant's address says, "The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their address omitted from the WHOIS service."

Also I have just put quicksoft.co.uk into Google and the only link to the website comes back with Server not found.

Dave

Real Name
    Philip

Quote Originally Posted by Tringa View Post
    I'm confused by this one. Is the spelling of the website correct?

I have just done a WHOIS search on quicksoft.co.uk. Interestingly the entry in the WHOIS for the registrant's address says, "The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their address omitted from the WHOIS service."

Also I have just put quicksoft.co.uk into Google and the only link to the website comes back with Server not found.

Dave
    Spelling correct - the site address is www. followed by quicksoft.co.uk

Philip

Real Name
    Dave

Just had another try at getting to quicksoft.co.uk on three different browsers. All give the same result - Server not found.

Very odd

Dave

This site also trades under the name of XYSOFT

http://www.xysoft.com/

My other comments concerning possible installation problems, legality or the ability to obtain upgrades from the software producers remains. I believe the site to be 'safe' but I'm not going to give a personal recommendation, just in case.