Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: photos of my drive way

Real Name
    Allen or "Lurchy" is fine

photos of my drive way

Hi there, here is a couple of pics i took while i was walking down my drive way with my camera and tripod. I also learnt a few things with cs5.

This one isnt on my drive way, its what i see as i drive out of my drive way. With this pic i learnt alot with CS5, the oringinal image the left front half of the roof was to bright, so i toned it down a bit to match the rest of the roof, and i brightened up a bit under the shelter bit.

photos of my drive way

This one is the begging of my drive way.

photos of my drive way

And this one is the trees surrounding the drive way.

photos of my drive way

As usual any help to improve my skills is appreciated.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: photos of my drive way

It looks like the exposure compensation you did on the first one helped. Is the building leaning to the right or is the image not level?

Real Name
    Ian

If only my driveway was anything like as idyllic as that....

Even if the original building is leaning on No.1, I think it looks a whole lot better straightened up, regardless. (thats the wonder of digital pp!). What I am struggling with though, is why it was taken at 1/6 of a sec, which has resulted in a fuzzy image and the trees at the back being 'out of focus'/moved despite using such a f22 aperture which should give a crystal clear background.

If you were using the tripod, did you switch off the IS which would otherwise create such an effect if the camera was tripod mounted? IS should only be used when handheld.

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by allenlennon View Post
    photos of my drive way

Allen

I'm being serious here. When you look at your shot #3 what do you see? Does it look underexposed at all on your monitor. And how does this edit that I did look in comparison?

photos of my drive way

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by allenlennon View Post
    This one isnt on my drive way, its what i see as i drive out of my drive way. With this pic i learnt alot with CS5, the oringinal image the left front half of the roof was to bright, so i toned it down a bit to match the rest of the roof, and i brightened up a bit under the shelter bit.

photos of my drive way
    Hi Allen,

Here's #1 straightened, with more contrast and detail in shed and sharpened.

photos of my drive way

I also used CS5, I made two layers, treated one for the sky and one for the foreground, set levels on each as necessary, then did a Local Contrast Enhancement on them each, sharpened foreground only, erased to reveal sky layer where necessary, flattened to one layer, downsized to 700 tall, sharpened again (it really was quite soft).

Hope that helps,
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 13th December 2011 at 05:12 PM.