Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: River Thames

Real Name
    Peter

River Thames

River Thames

The upper reaches of the River Thames, hard to believe that this turns into the large river that flows through London.

EXIF ISO400, F8 @ 1/250 sec.

Comments welcome.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: River Thames

Peter - I think that's a super composition. You've given us a nice gap through which to look into the background, at the same time as which you've got a nice balance created at each side of the image by the buildings and, on the left, the overhanging tree branches. Quintessential English country scene. Am just waiting fro the horse-drawn hay wagon to appear!

On the larger image we see if we click on it, everything is fine. On this downsized image we see in this post, that tree on the left looks over-sharpened to my eyes. But it's just that sort of shot. I don't think there's really anything you can or want to do about that. I had one similarly a while back that i had to give up on trying to post in here, because it just looked so awful. But the full-size version was a 'wow'

Real Name
    Peter

Re: River Thames

Thanks Donald. Apart from sharpening all PP was done in Lightroom, getting the hang of it now.