Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: suprise!

Real Name
    james

suprise!

I was checking a heavily used deer trail, looking at recent scrapes, When I walked right up on this buck we both stood still for a couple seconds looking at each other(about 8 yards apart) then I started shooting, pics of course. He took a step towards me then laid down in a sunny spot .( 2:00 nap I guess) I will post another one or two of him laying and scatching his ear.suprise! suprise!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: suprise!

James

I can see that the first is a real grab shot. It suffers, I think, from the fact that that pesky tree is in the way. The second one is, in my view, a much better image.

Real Name
    james

Absolutely right Donald.I was so nervous when I walked up on him that I didnt think to take 2 steps to the right.I also thought he would bolt as I moved. I still cant believe he lay down in front of me,I looked at my exif data from 1st shot to last and I spent 8 minutes ,within 10 yards of him, then I moved on not wanting to disturb him to much.I talked to my brother about it he said bucks will do crazy things when in rut. thanks for veiwing.

Real Name
    Jim

In the right place right place at the right time. Nice images, on my monitor they look a bit too reddish but that might be my monitor,