Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Reflections

Real Name
    David

Reflections

Well I finally managed to find a little light this morning after waiting three weeks to use my new lens. These were the best of the batch when walking the dog near Aberfoyle.

Reflections
    I like the ripples, but the composition is possibly a bit dark

Reflections
    Quite a small crop from the raw

Reflections
    This was an interesting one; no PP on any of these, the ripples combined with the reflection of the first snow on the hills

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Reflections

Quote Originally Posted by hcp474 View Post
    I like the ripples, but the composition is possibly a bit dark
    David - I think your own analysis is right about the first one.

The second one is fine, but doesn't excite me, I'm afraid.

The third one - Initially I thought - 'What's the subject?'. But then it I looked again. If it's taken as an abstract image, then it really works.

I'd like if you has posted them up at a larger size. It would be nice to be able to see them a bit bigger.

Real Name
    David

I'd like to post them up a bit bigger, but the images then seem to get hammered by the re-sizing algorithms. These ones are on this sites albums, but the files that were uploaded seemed to shrink in the process from the sizes indicated on my machine, so i may be able to use larger sizes.

For posting directly into a forum on this site, I resize to 700 pixels on the long side (or fractionally less) and no more than 150 Kb. Anything more gets automatically resized which can cause problems with size or quality.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    For posting directly into a forum on this site, I resize to 700 pixels on the long side (or fractionally less) and no more than 150 Kb. Anything more gets automatically resized which can cause problems with size or quality.
    Hi Geoff,

Personally, I like to encourage folks to post bigger images (I make the long dimension 1000 - 1200 pixels (typically about 500kb))

The automatic downsizing that your browser does for display can soften them, but folks can always click on the image to look at it at 100% in the litebox. Personally, I struggle to evaluate an image properly when it's only taking up around 1/3 the width of my monitor.