Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Seal Pup

Real Name
    Paul

Seal Pup

Wheather was supposed to clear for the weekend. You will see how that worked out. Anyway plans are meant to change, right?
    Ended up at a local marina to take a stroll.

Finding the weather impeeding any of the shots I was hoping for...you get this and then off to the beach a 1/2 block down.
    Seal Pup

I show up at the beach and am told I can not go past the barrier due to a seal pup waiting for its mother to return. There was a Sea-lion in the water and the pup did not want to be dinner.
    Seal Pup

In talking with the posted watch, she allowed me to sneak in a little closer....unfortunately by this time the light was very dim and I was still at the long end of my kit grade 300mm.
    Seal Pup

Seal Pup

Real Name
    Rob

Re: Seal Pup

Cool photos Paul, did you find out the rest of the story?

You didn't really expect Seattle weather to cooperate... Weather forecast 50% Chance of rain. lol

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Seal Pup

Rob, I left just before dark and mom was not to be seen. From what I was told she will return between 24 and 48 hrs time. She will likely scoop up the pup and be gone by morning. While I wish I could have gotten closer I am thankful to have gotten what I did. Not a usual sight in town.

Wheather? Yes, ya just never no and better to hedge your bets towards the wet stuff.