Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Anyone have experience with the Nikon 85mm f1.4D?

Anyone have experience with the Nikon 85mm f1.4D?

Hi,

Has anyone had experience with the Nikon 85mm f1.4D AF Lens?

Before I purchase, your observations would be appreciate.

Many Thanks.
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 1st December 2011 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Made thread title relevant to attract replies

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Anyone have experience with the Nikon 85mm f1.4D?

Hi Sparkie,

As you may have noticed (now I mention it), here at CiC, most of us use first names and those that don't keep getting asked

Could you edit your profile and pop your first name into the real name field and also a city/state and country into the Location field please? - the latter helps us to know which currency you use - thanks.

I don't have any experience of that lens I'm afraid, but if you are considering buying it, I am duty bound to ask which Nikon camera model you will be using it on - as there are several on which the D series lenses will not auto-focus on (just in case you were not aware).

Welcome to the CiC forums from ....

Real Name
    Robin

Re: Anyone have experience with the Nikon 85mm f1.4D?

Yes, used one many times.
    It's an expensive prime lens from a major manufacturer so you're going to have to be really nerdy and pedantic to find any adverse issues with it. If you need a 85mm, need the f1.4 maximum aperture but can't afford the new AF-S version then it's an excellent lens and I'd highly recommend it.

As with any purchase you either need it or want it.
    If you need one then any comment here won't change that and you will still have to go buy it.
    If you want one then you might be better explaining what you'd hope you can achieve with it and see if anyone has experience of that in perticular or can recommend other options. New lenses (and kit in general) don't always solve an issue they more often than not just create new ones.