Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Flower..oh...Flower...

Flower..oh...Flower...

Flower..oh...Flower...

Flower..oh...Flower...

Flower..oh...Flower...
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 4th May 2009 at 06:18 PM. Reason: removed duplicate image, added one from other post

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Flower..oh...Flower...

Hi Iwan,

I've tidied up this thread a little, the first post had two identical image links of the seed head, so I put the flower from the add on post into the first and deleted the second post. I hope you don't mind and it is best done before anyone else comments on them.

First pic, now the pair of Dandelion flowers; not too bad, although there might be an unwritten rule that says if you have two of something in a shot, focus on the closest, if nothing else, the way hyperfocal distance works means that there would be more of the rear-most flower in focus than there is of the front-most now. Other than that quite a decent composition, not too much distracting going on behind either.

Second pic, of Dandelion seed head; the background daisies are a touch bright for my liking and possibly a better composition would have resulted from moving the camera slightly to the right. Nice and sharp and detailed on the seed head though, well done.

Third pic, sunset; two things I'd do to improve this;
    1) Crop about 10% off the right hand side, which should not only improve the composition, but also lose the very out of focus blob in the sky
    2) Clone out the two diagonal branches on left hand side, they are a different sort entirely from the foreground shoots and don't add anything.
    Nice exposure and tonal range, good focus and basic composition.

Cheers,

I do like the second and third images. The third image I would like to see cropped so that just the centre 1/3 is visible. I think it the long tall aspect would really do this shot justice.

Thanks Dave !
    I am really sorry double posted !
    The third foto was really difficult to shoted it cause the sun so quickly going down.....
    Until now I am not handy with to crop it

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Iwan,

No worries about the double post.

What software do you use for post processing?

Cheers,

Last one is my favorite for the warm colors and silhouettes.