Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: LR3 and Print Module

LR3 and Print Module

Hola, I'm Hilary

I have just bought LR3 and having problems with the print module. I print using an Epson Stylus Pro 9800

An example:

I set the media to 60 x 40 cm roll photographic paper and want to print an image of 40 x 50 cm. The problem is that something is overriding the cell sizes and will not let me print the size I want. Even if I change the paper size, the cell sizes are still being overriden so this isn't a question of the paper is too small for the print.

Does anybody have the answer please?

Many thanks

Real Name
    Russell

Re: LR3 and Print Module

Hi, When I had a LR 3 problem I was directed to here http://tv.adobe.com/search/?q=printing+with+lightroom+3

nearly all you need to know is here just do a search.
    Hope it helps
    Russ
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 24th November 2011 at 08:18 PM.

Real Name
    Alex

Are you using the custom layout? This is what you need for maximum control over the output. I think the other options, e.g. Contact sheet, restrict the layout to set sizes and formats. However I have never printed on a roll with custom paper size so cannot be sure.

Alex

Real Name
    Alex

My previous post was made before I had tried LR to find out. I sometimes print on A3 paper cut to sheet feed into my A4 printer which is a similar problem so I tried this out.

It seems that you need to open the print settings dialogue and from there open the separate printer settings dialogue. Here you configure and save the custom paper size. Once you have done this you can close and reopen the print settings dialogue and LR will have picked up the new custom paper size which you can now select.

This post from DP Review has an explanation from an Epson user:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=39856774

The post is pretty detailed. I think you should be able to solve your problem.

Alex