Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Logan's Run

Real Name
    Terry

Logan's Run

This is Logan. He has appeared in a previous thread.

It is now looking like he (or more to the point, his momma) is going to receive some prints as a Christmas Gift Surprise thanks to the Holiday Spirit of my Santa Wife!

Any and all comments would be welcomed but I may just trash the whole idea and get her a fruitcake instead! Probably be cheaper!

Logan's Run

Logan's Run

Logan's Run

Logan's Run

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Re: Logan's Run

For me, number 2.
    Perhaps even darken the background even more.
    Something like this (hope you don't mind). Somewhat more moody and mysterious. Synonomous with a teenage male perhaps.
    Graham
    Logan's Run

Real Name
    Mark

These are all photos id be proud of Terry, well done much better than your first attempt id be proud to call them mine and im sure that "mum" will be chuffed to bits with them, I think Graham is right #2 works best followed closely by #1 then # 3 #4 holds the least appeal as it looks a little forced or un natural BRILLIANT! id be proud of myself

Real Name
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamH View Post
    For me, number 2.
    Perhaps even darken the background even more.
    Something like this (hope you don't mind). Somewhat more moody and mysterious. Synonomous with a teenage male perhaps.
    Graham
    Logan's Run
    I don't mind at all, Graham. Thank you for taking the time. I like it. He definitely has his dark moments!

These are all photos id be proud of Terry, well done much better than your first attempt id be proud to call them mine and im sure that "mum" will be chuffed to bits with them, I think Graham is right #2 works best followed closely by #1 then # 3 #4 holds the least appeal as it looks a little forced or un natural BRILLIANT! id be proud of myself.
    Thank you, Mark. Mum is pretty happy with them. Probably more so when she gets her prints in Gift form! And that gives me a warm fuzzy!

But I must admit I did this as much for myself. I'm trying to get a bit of a handle on producing my own lighting. I'm having some "dark moments" of my own, but at least its a start!

Real Name
    Graham Heron

If you have a chance to photograph him again, I would love to see one with the hoodie up and the face much darker than it is now, really moody, perhaps even more scowl to enhance that aspect. Every picture you've posted gives me the impression of moodiness (not necessarily in a negative way, more towards the teenage angst).
    Perhaps even with most of the face shaded, just enough showing to identify him.

Graham

Real Name
    Toņo

Hi Terry

I think I like the first best, and probably his mom will like better one where he looks happier. The second is also nice, but different mood on his face.

all of them were nicely shot.

Toņo

Deep in the heart of Texas and Fort Wayne Indiana
    Real Name
    Kristianna-Marie - I listen to Kris too.....

I vote for # 3, but I like 1 and 2 as well. #4 doesn't do anything for me - maybe it's the angle???

Real Name
    Jeannie

Don't you DARE give Logan's mother a fruitcake. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you gift her with the photos. Better have a couple hankies ready for her. You are SO sweet to do this for her. It will be a gift she will never forget.

Real Name
    Brian

I bet 'mum' likes #1 best. This one has pretty good lighting and the eyes are engaging.
    The composition, sharpness, and exposure are good as well.
    Good job Terry.

Real Name
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by acsky View Post
    Hi Terry

I think I like the first best, and probably his mom will like better one where he looks happier. The second is also nice, but different mood on his face.

all of them were nicely shot.

Toņo
    I vote for # 3, but I like 1 and 2 as well. #4 doesn't do anything for me - maybe it's the angle???
    Thank you Toņo and Kristianna-Marie. I quickly realized that what I liked best, Mamma didn't. She wanted to see Logan without the "teen 'tude" (attitude) if that was even possible. I also like the hoodie shot (mostly because I lucked up and got his face lit at least recognizably!), but Mamma liked that least of all. She actually liked the last one best. They were rolling around in the grass clowning around and I kept firing away.

Don't you DARE give Logan's mother a fruitcake.
    But..., but,... a fruitcake will last longer! (half-life of 10,000 years!) Its the gift that keeps on giving?!?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you gift her with the photos. Better have a couple hankies ready for her. You are SO sweet to do this for her. It will be a gift she will never forget.
    Thank you, Jeannie. But I do have a reputation to maintain so please don't say that too loud! While it ain't a fruitcake, I think she will be happy. She doesn't have photographs of this nature of Logan. Maybe I'll toss in a vintage fruitcake that has been in my family for generations. I've been looking for a chance to re-gift that anyway!

I bet 'mum' likes #1 best. This one has pretty good lighting and the eyes are engaging.
    The composition, sharpness, and exposure are good as well.
    Thank you, Brian. To be honest, as it turns out these folks have done me an even bigger turn than I could ever possibly do them (well, except for the fruitcake!) and I really feel like I owe them a debt of gratitude.

As do I owe all of you people for helping me with comments and encouragement.

Watch your PM's! Its fruitcakes all around!