Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Library Bench (Photo Critique very much wanted)

Real Name
    Clinton

Library Bench (Photo Critique very much wanted)

I took this shot this past summer, but never got around to posting it until now. My concerns after I took it were color tone, general composition & depth of field. Additionally, I was concerned with lens flare in the photo that I wasn't quite sure about how to remove in post. I also have a second shot of the same bench from a different perspective. Not sure if I should add it to this post as I don't want to overwhelm.

Thanks for any input
    Library Bench (Photo Critique very much wanted)

Re: Library Bench (Photo Critique very much wanted)

I think your only realistic option here is to crop it into a square image and remove the excessively bright sunshine through the trees. Then you should be able to add a little more brightness.

But there is also a problem on the front leg.

It rather looks as though there have been some very heavy people sitting on that bench.

Adding a couple of photos to a post is fine. In fact it is often the easiest way when asking for comparison opinions on two shots.

It is only when multiple shots, of say 5 or more images, are included that it can sometimes get a bit excessive.

Real Name
    John

Hi Clinton,
    I must agree with Geoff, cropping would help here. My only other concern is that I don't think the bench is sharp enough to support being the main subject, it looks on my screen to me a little 'soft / out of focus', but perhaps that's just what I can see. It will be interesting to see what others think.
    How was the camera set for this picture?
    Can we please see the bench from the other perceptive, as per your post?

Real Name
    Mark

Hi Clinton,

i Love the light and your exposure but John is correct the image is to soft to be a keeper, re visit and have another go.