Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Tangalooma Is Resort Part 2

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Tangalooma Is Resort Part 2

Following on from my bird thread at this location, here are some palm tree shots

It should give our friends in the Northern Hemisphere something to dream about as you move into your long cold winter.

The last shot is an artificial reef formed by some old wrecks that were moved there to provide a sheltered mooring.

Cheers Dave

Last edited by dje; 24th November 2011 at 12:05 AM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Tangalooma Is Resort Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by dje View Post
    Let me pick this one out of the bunch.

I think this is a very well captured image. The composition is nicely balanced. It's not cluttered. And the exposure seems excellent.

The one question I'd have is whether or not it would have been better to get the top of that right hand tree inside the frame.

Real Name
    John

I like the fourth image. Breaking the rule of thirds, the wave in the foreground (without the wave less movement) carries the eyes to the horizon and across the scene and the clouds bring the eyes right back across. Once you get here you really try to find out what is actually on the horizon and the sharpness of the image helps bring a mundane scene to life, especially with the addition of the birds flying towards the larger structure. The little strip of land could be cropped but then you would lose the slanting structure to the right.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Let me pick this one out of the bunch.

The one question I'd have is whether or not it would have been better to get the top of that right hand tree inside the frame.
    Your right as usual Donald, it would have been better.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    I like the fourth image. Breaking the rule of thirds, the wave in the foreground (without the wave less movement) carries the eyes to the horizon and across the scene and the clouds bring the eyes right back across. Once you get here you really try to find out what is actually on the horizon and the sharpness of the image helps bring a mundane scene to life, especially with the addition of the birds flying towards the larger structure. The little strip of land could be cropped but then you would lose the slanting structure to the right.
    Thanks for your comments John. When I first looked at this image on the monitor, I thought "oh dear, I've broken the rule". However I saw what you saw in the image and after a few trial crops, I came to the conclusion it should stay as it is.

Cheers Dave